Participates in 5 items
Pat MacEwen is a physical anthropologist. She works on bones from archaeological sites and does independent research on genocide. She worked on war crimes investigations for the International Criminal Tribunal, after doing CSI work for a decade, and was once a marine biologist at the Institute of Marine & Coastal Studies at USC. Rough Magic, first in a forensic/urban fantasy trilogy, The Fallen, is out from Sky Warrior Publishing. Dragon’s Kiss, a YA fantasy about a crippled boy who can talk to dragons, is also out from Sky Warrior. She writes mystery, horror, science fiction, and fantasy. Her work has appeared in a Year’s Best SF anthology. It has also been a finalist for the Sturgeon Award, and made the Tiptree Honors List. Her hobbies include exploring cathedrals, alien-building via nonhuman biology, and trawling through history books for the juicy bits.
Sessions in which Pat MacEwen participates
- Refugees Connect 4
- 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Will there be any end to the influx? Or is this just the beginning? Where will they come from? What do we owe them? What if they can't ever go home...
- Wild Weather Synergy 5
- 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- For the first time, science can show that three extreme weather events would not have happened without global warming, including the rain bomb that...
- Master Class: Youth Track - Creative Writing For Kids Synergy 4
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes