Participates in 4 items
Denise B. Tanaka has a lifelong passion for writing stories of magical beings and faraway worlds. Her father inspired a love of art with his landscape paintings, portraits, and photography. Her mother inspired a love of books by reading aloud The Gingerbread Man and Mrs. Tittlemouse, so from a very young age Denise believed that cookies run away and mice can talk. She is sometimes sidetracked by nonfiction biography-true crime projects. A graduate of Sonoma State University, she pays the bills by working as a paralegal in immigration law. She has dabbled in genealogy for more than 35 years and is very grateful for the internet.
Sessions in which Denise Tanaka participates
- Finding your place in Fandom. Connect 1
- 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- A panel for those that have a hard time fitting in, even at cons. Join our panelists, both new and experienced, for a conversation about the challe...
- Fan Fiction: A Stepping Stone or a Waste of Time? Synergy 1
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cassandra Clare, author of the Mortal Instruments series, started building her fan base by writing serious Harry Potter fan fiction. The novel F...
- On Beyond Rey Engage
- 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Now that women are central to the new Star Wars movies, what are some more female-centered projects that should come to the big screen? Bonus point...