Loews Green Initiatives
We will seek every reasonable opportunity to incorporate "green" standards and practices into all aspects of our business. We will identify and mandate specific brand-wide practices that embrace our responsibility and we will make prudent investments in technologies and programs that will allow us to do good and do well at the same time.
Our standards and practices include:
* Food Donations in partnership with America's Second Harvest
* Linen/Terry policy
* Banquet/Back-of-House Recycling
* Eco-friendly Inks and Papers
* Energy Technologies Including; Low-flow shower heads, Compact fluorescent light bulbs
* Green Training Green Teams
* All Loews Hotel publish seasonal menus that feature seasonal fruits and vegetables that can be bought locally.
* In room service, lounges, bars, banquet rooms and restaurants, only reusable linen, dishware and silverware are used. Recycled products used at every Loews Hotel include cocktail napkins and Loews On The Go cups.
* Energy saving measures in our kitchens include monitoring and logging fridge and freezer temperature controls daily with outside audit performed twice yearly.
* Guest room recycling.
* TV checkout
* Water reduction efforts to include tap controls, water reuse/water reclamation, metering and sub-metering and sewage credits.
* Laundry planning/production planning with reusable dry-cleaning bags, re-usable detergent barrels and microprocessor-controlled wash wheels.
* Environmentally friendly cleaning products.
* During evening turndown service, minimal lights left on in guest rooms.