Youth Singers of Calgary
ABOUT YOUTH SINGERS
Youth Singers of Calgary (YSC) is a vibrant performing arts company for children, teens, and adults. Our performers start with the foundations of choral music, add movement and choreography, and develop performance skills to become better musicians and stronger people.
We offer year-round programming for a range of ages and abilities. Programs include show choir and choral arts divisions, musical theatre camps, early childhood music classes, adult recreational choirs, semi-professional ensembles, and classes for those with cognitive delays.
WHAT YOUTH SINGERS CAN DO YOU FOR YOUR SCHOOL
Now offering in-school residencies for Calgary and surrounding areas. Enrich your music and performing arts programs with professional choral instruction, choreography, theatre arts, and pizzazz! https://www.youthsingers.org/residencies/
- Students learn how to sing and perform by working with two of Youth Singers’ professional staff – a music director and a choreographer.
- Physical literacy is explored through singing, dance, and movement while self-expression is explored through Theatre Arts .
- Repertoire includes Broadway classics and pop favourites – uplifting and positive message songs that students love.
- End your residence on a high note with a performance showcasing student learning.
- Showcase performances are an after-residency option that provide an authentic performance experience.
Inquire now for a Spring 2022 or a 2022-23 Residency! Fill out this form HERE
WHAT YOUTH SINGERS CAN DO FOR YOU!
Teachers, come find your happy place and unwind with our adult recreational choirs!
Youth Singers has an auditioned choir, ENCORE, for singers looking for a musical challenge, and a non-auditioned choir, SECOND CHANTS, for anyone who wants to have fun singing and dancing - no experience required!
Rehearsals are once a week. Full of singing, moving, grooving, and laughter - our adult choirs are an instant stress-buster and a great way to find a community, do something for yourself, and have fun.