Dr. Jeremy Sawyer
The Graduate Center, City University of New York (CUNY)
Participates in 2 items
Sessions in which Dr. Jeremy Sawyer participates
- SYMP 079 - The magic of signs: Creative coordination of transformative activity Convention Center - 204 A
- 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM | 2 hours
- Signs seem to have an almost magical power to enhance and transform human psychological abilities, as even mainstream psychology is now discovering...
- Symposium (Symp)
- Overcoming ‘egocentrism’ through private speech: Creative coordination of perspectives in children’s self-dialogue
- Participant Dr. Jeremy Sawyer (The Graduate Center, City University of New York (CUNY)) |
- 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM | 30 minutes Part of: SYMP 079 - The magic of signs: Creative coordination of transformative activity
- Vygotsky (1934/1987) famously critiqued Piaget’s interpretation of the supposedly asocial and useless nature of children’s “egocentric speech” (now...
- Paper in a Symposium (Symp)