Vlad Mihai Trifa
Vlad currently leads the Swisscom's Digital Lab, a B2B incubator for digital transformation where he helps organisations rapidly launch innovative products and solutions using the latest technologies (AI, IoT, Blockchain). As a pioneer of the Internet of Things and author of the book "Building the Web of Things" (Manning, 2016), he spent over a decade designing and building enterprise-grade IoT solutions for major corporations. Before that, he co-founded and was Chief Product Officer at EVRYTHNG, an award-winning IoT startup in London and Zurich. In previous lives, he was a researcher at MIT where he built smart cities platforms to collect and analyse massive amounts of real-time data; as a scientific collaborator at UCLA where he built distributed sensor systems to help biologists study animal communication in the forests of Mexico and California; and researcher at ATR in Japan where he designed neural models of sensory-motor coordination for humanoid robots. He graduated with a PhD in Computer Science from ETH Zurich and a MSc in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics from EPFL.
Sessions in which Vlad Mihai Trifa participates
- Telco Industry Perspectives on Future IoT International Conference Centre of Geneva (CICG) - Room 2
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM | 1 hour
- Building Web of Things International Conference Centre of Geneva (CICG) - Room 13
- 4:15 PM - 6:00 PM | 1 hour 45 minutes
- The Internet of Things (IoT) is a hot conversation topic. Analysts call it a disruptive technology. Competing standards and technologies are appear...