Ms Cristina Bueti
Cristina Bueti is the ITU Focal
Point on Environment and Smart Sustainable Cities. She is also the Counsellor
of ITU-T Study Group 20 “Internet of things (IoT) and smart cities and
communities (SC&C)” at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). She
also serves as TSB/ITU focal point for Latin America.
Cristina Bueti graduated from the Faculty of Political Science, Law and International Cooperation and Development of the University of Florence, where she completed postgraduate studies in International Cooperation and Telecommunications Law in Europe. She also holds a specialization in Environmental Law with a special focus on Telecommunications.
In 2003, Ms. Bueti built on her academic credentials by completing a specialized course in peace keeping and international cooperation with special focus on telecommunications at the Faculty of Laws, University of Malta, before joining the International Telecommunication Union in Geneva in January 2004.
As part of the International Women's Day 2016, she was named as one of the twenty Geneva-based inspirational women working to protect the environment.
She has authored over 40 reports on telecommunication issues. A native Italian speaker, Cristina is also fluent in English, French and Spanish.
Sessions in which Ms Cristina Bueti participates
- IoT Platform Convergence for Smart Cities: International IoT Platforms for Smart Cities Initiatives International Conference Centre of Geneva (CICG) - Room 4
- 11:15 AM - 1:00 PM | 1 hour 45 minutes
- This is the second session of the day long workshop exploring the Internet of Things (IoT) in the context of smart cities. A panel of experts wi...
- IoT Platform Convergence for Smart Cities: Towards Interoperability and Convergence Among IoT Platforms for Smart Cities International Conference Centre of Geneva (CICG) - Room 4
- 4:15 PM - 6:00 PM | 1 hour 45 minutes
- This is the final session of the day long workshop exploring the Internet of Thing (IoT) in the context of smart cities. This session provides t...