Arthur Van der Wees
Arthur van der Wees, LLM studied and obtained his doctorate degree in computer, privacy, IPR and business law at Leiden University. He is founder and managing director of Arthur's Legal, an international law firm with its headquarters in Amsterdam and offices in Brussel, Barcelona, New York and Seoul. Arthur is attorney at law, standardization expert, entrepreneur, strategist and frequent speaker worldwide and has in-depth experience and is well-connected in the world of technology, data, accountability & global business. Arthur is founding member of the Alliance for IoT Innovation (AIOTI), where he is leader of both the Security in IoT and the Privacy in IoT taskforce, and co-chair of the AIOTI Policy WG.
He is (co-)author of many publications about smart, IoT, Security and Cloud, including the IERC Handbooks 2016 (Strategic & Legal Challenges in IoT) and 2017 (Security & Privacy in IoT), the Dutch National Smart Cities Strategy, and European Commission's Cloud SLA Standardisation. Amongst others, he is co-founder of the Cyber Trust Institute, and the Institute for Accountability and Internet Democracy. Through H2020 CREATE-IoT, Arthur's Legal is activity group leader on trust, security, safety, privacy, legal and accountability topics in IoT in five EU large scale pilots on smart healthcare, smart cities, wearables, smart farming, food safety and autonomous vehicles. Furtheremore he is advisory board member of several H2020 projects in IoT, Security & Privacy.
Sessions in which Arthur Van der Wees participates
- IoT Security & Privacy Capacity Building Workshop (Part II) Euskalduna Jauregia Conference Center - Sala A3.3
- 4:45 PM - 6:30 PM | 1 hour 45 minutes
- Internet of Things (IoT) is a growing paradigm bringing forward new technical, social, legal and economic aspects h...
- eHealth & Smart Home Data Protection Euskalduna Jauregia Conference Center - Sala Barria I
- 4:45 PM - 5:45 PM | 1 hour
- The increase use of IoT in medical and smart home applications both for monitoring and aiding in automated decision...
- IoT, Trust & Morning Coffee - What you always wanted to know about trust, but than IoT emerged Euskalduna Jauregia Conference Center - Sala A2
- 9:00 AM - 10:45 AM | 1 hour 45 minutes