Klaus looks back on more almost three decades of industry experience in software and system engineering, including five years of international delegation to Eastern Europe. Over the years, he gathered extensive intercultural experience in numerous international projects involving multicultural cooperation, especially on the European level. Among other duties, he was a member of the board of trustees at the European Software Institute (ESI), member of the executive board of Digital Europe (DE) and member of the steering group at the Eureka cluster ”Information Technology for European Advancement” (ITEA). Just recently he was elected to the board of the Alliance Internet of Things Innovation (AIOTI).
He joined Siemens in 2002 and was heading the Global Technology Field “Software and System Engineering” and responsible for the worldwide research and technology transfer of innovative engineering technologies for softwareintensive systems and digital technologies. Now he is responsible for external collaboration in Research, Development and Innovation at the Siemens Corporate Technology. From 2011 to 2015 he was delegated as Director for Business & Entrepreneurship at the Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) EIT Digital within the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
Sessions in which Klaus Beetz participates
- Integrated & Smart Food Value Chain Euskalduna Jauregia Conference Center - Sala A2
- 3:15 PM - 4:15 PM | 1 hour
- The smart farming and food security track will allow discussing the last I...
- Iot in Manufacturing: Enabling Industry 4.0 - Insights from Industry Euskalduna Jauregia Conference Center - Sala A3.1
- 9:00 AM - 10:45 AM | 1 hour 45 minutes
- Session Purpose and Overview:
- Solutions and Experiences Coming from the Industry (Part I) Euskalduna Jauregia Conference Center - Sala Barria I
- 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM | 1 hour
- As a key topic in the Basque Industry strategy, the Track on IoT and Advan...