GIoTS Industry Forum I : IoT Industrial Deployment
11:15 AM, Monday 4 Jun 2018 (1 hour 45 minutes)
Networking Lunch 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM (1 hour)
Euskalduna Jauregia Conference Center - Sala Barria I
The Industrial deployment of IoT is subjected to a myriad of hurdles:
- Too many IoT Protocols at different layers, non-cohesive and non-harmonized
- Different verticals preaching different approaches
- Consumer IoT products are insecure
- ISPs are not offering IoT services
This session will address the many challenges while IoT seems to be used to sell anything in the market. There are also more important network issues to be addressed such as use of IPv6, Cloud computing, Fog Computing, SDN-NFV and the upcoming 5G.
- What’s the role of the various SDOs? (IEEE, IETF, 3GPP, LoRa..)
- What’s the implication on the vertical IoT sector associations?
- What’s the roles of the ISPs?
- What’s the impact of App developers?
- What could be an IoT Roadmap for the different sectors?
Founder & President
President, IPv6 Council Spain
Policy Coordinator & Programme Officer
CEO of DunavNET and Vice-President of the IoT Forum
Universidad de Murcia