AIOTI WG2 Innovation Ecosystems Masterclass: Learn with and from the Bilbao IoT Ecosystem
2:30 PM, Thursday 7 Jun 2018 (1 hour 30 minutes)
Euskalduna Jauregia Conference Center - Sala A2
Representatives of one or two IoT hubs/clusters/ecosystems will be invited and asked to share its authentic experience. The speaker will be asked to structure the presentation around a set of pre-defined questions (to be refined):
- Brief general presentation: date of creation, history (any previous cluster or hub), strategic roadmap, the local context.
- What is the composition of the ecosystem: large companies, SMEs, start-ups, research, public institutions, financial bodies….
- What types of SMEs are present and what is their position with respect to large companies? With respect to research? What actors are missing or not sufficiently active?
- How is trust developed around the ecosystem? What are the mechanisms enabling or hampering trust throughout the network?
- What is the situation with start-up creation?
- What actors drive the ecosystem (public bodies, large companies, research, SMEs, start-ups…)?
- What is the status of access to knowledge at EC-level: LSPs, DIH, PPPs, AIOTI?
- Is there cross-domain collaboration to nurture innovation (i.e. IoT & big data, IoT & social sciences, IoT & design and art)
- Is there collaboration with end-users to ensure acceptance/appropriation?
- The achievements the initiative is most proud of and the major challenges it is facing
Huawei Technologies Sweden AB
Senior Councillor for Standardization and Technical Regulation
University of Groningen
Professor of Digital Transformation and Strategy, Faculty of Economics and Business