Mirko Presser is an Associate Professor in Digital Business Development and the Head of the EngTech Research section at the Department for Business Development and Technology at Aarhus University, Denmark. Before that he was the Head of Research and Innovation for the Smart City Lab at the Alexandra Institute also in Denmark, launching initiatives such as Smart Santander and Smart Aarhus. He has been studying and researching IoT and other digital technologies since 2002, first through a Master's degree in Physics with Astrophysics, followed by a Master's degree in Telecommunications and Systems Engineering, both from the University of Bristol, and he also received a PhD on the Mobile IoT from the University of Surrey. He has been involved in the European FP6, FP7, H2020 and now HEU programs as a researcher, technical manager and coordinator. Most recently he has been engaged in the next generation internet working towards a more human centric vision for the internet, coordinating the NGI Pointer and NGI Search projects on renovating the Internet Architecture as well as Search, Indexing and Discovery.
Sessions in which Mirko Presser participates
- EU-IoT Hackathon
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM | 1 hour
- The EU-IoT project will kick-off its 6-month offline Hackathon/IDEAthon, focused on Mobile Sustainable Solutions and addressing as domain chall...
- IoT BUSINESS MODEL INNOVATION AT THE EDGE
- 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM | 1 hour
- Digital technologies are unlocking new business opportunities and with that new business models. For example, we have seenservitization as a key co...