Federico M. Facca
Dr. Federico Michele Facca, Head of Martel Lab, joined Martel in January 2016. He is a strong advocate of Open Source solutions (e.g. OpenStack, Apache Hadoop, Kubernates, Docker, …) and his expertise covers Cloud computing architectures and their application to different fields, e.g. Big data, Internet of Things, Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure. Dr. Facca acted as Technical Manager and Chief Architect in different large ICT projects: COIN, Infinity, SemanticGov, SUperhub and XIFI.
He is among the core technical figures in the FIWARE programme, within which he successfully supervised a heterogeneous team of more than 60 engineers from different ICT companies and major European research centers (e.g. Telefonica, Thales, Engineering, etc.) contributing to the FIWARE Lab activities.
Previously, he worked as Area Head in CREATE-NET focusing on Cloud computing management solutions; before that he was Area Head and Institute Manager at STI Innsbruck, focusing on service-oriented architectures and service middlewares. Dr. Facca obtained his Ph.D. in Information Technology and his M.Sc in Computer Science at the Politecnico di Milano.
Sessions in which Federico M. Facca participates
Sessions in which Federico M. Facca attends
- Collaboration between European Commission and US NSF on fundamental research on new concepts for distributed computing and swarm intelligence Croke Park Conference Centre - Hogan Mezzanine 1
- 5:15 PM - 6:30 PM | 1 hour 15 minutes
- Perspectives and Horizons for Data Marketplaces: Focusing on Interoperability and Open-Source Solutions for the Internet of Things. Part I Croke Park Conference Centre - Canal Café
- 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Perspectives and Horizons for Data Marketplaces: Focusing on Interoperability and Open-Source Solutions for the Internet of Things. Part II Croke Park Conference Centre - Canal Café
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes