IoTAC - Security by Design IoT Architecture I
The IoTAC ( https://iotac.eu/ ) workshop will introduce the project’s concept and new approaches to IoT security including the security by design concept, the new modules and services to be developed, and the validation framework, which will assure full accountability of the overall architecture.
Presentations will introduce:
- assessment of the various IoT reference architectures;
- our DevSecOps approach, customized for the needs of IoTAC;
- the IoTAC security baseline specification, based on the analysis of industry best practices and the requirements elicitation from the use case partners of the IoTAC project
- smart home
- autonomous driving
- drone operation
- prosumer cell operation
- the front-end access management solution which is a new, patented approach to authentication and authorisation;
- the runtime protection modules comprising honeypots, AI and ML models as well as the concept of checkpointing;
- the runtime monitoring system ensuring constant awareness of the IoT operation;
- the secure IoT gateway which provides the underlying platform for all the security modules.
We will also present our secure software development methodology, quantitative security assessment, vulnerability prediction, and software security certification. Software security certification will be part of the wider IoTAC validation scheme, which will also adopt the relevant ENISA guidelines and will apply them to the overall IoT architecture.
The workshop is targeted to audiences interested in the challenges, the scientific and technological advances towards achieving more secure IoT architectures and ecosystems.
Domain experts are further invited to attend and provide insight to the concept of the four pilots.