Filippo Cavallo, MScEE, Phd in Bioengineering, is Assistant Professor at the BioRobotics Institute of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, (Pisa, Italy), focusing on cloud and social robotics, wireless and wearable sensor systems, biomedical processing, acceptability and ICT roadmapping. He participated in various National and European projects and currently is principal investigator of the DAPHNE Project and Work Package responsible in TransSafe (AAL-JP) and Centauro (Tuscany Region). Recently he was also project manager of Robot-Era, AALIANCE2 and Parkinson Project. He was visiting researcher at the the EndoCAS Center of Excellence, Pisa, Italy working in Computer Assisted Surgery (2005-2007); at the Takanishi Lab, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan working on wireless sensor network (2007); at Tecnalia Recerch Center, Basque Country, Spain working on wearable sensor system for AAL. He was granted from the International Symposium of Robotics Research Committee as Fellowship Winner for best PhD thesis in Robotics (2007); from the Regional POR FSE 2007-2013 for a 3-years Research position at The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pontedera, Italy (2010-2013); from the ACCESS-IT 2009 for the Good Practise Label in Alzheimer Project (2009); from the Well-Tech Award for Quality of Life with the Robot-Era Project (2014); from the SMAU Award for Quality of Life with the Robot-Era Project (2014) and from iNEMO Challenge from STMicroelectronics (2015). In 2016 he was also chair of the Italian Forum of Ambient Assisted Living and related Summer School in Italy. He is author of various papers on conferences and ISI journals.
* Service and Assistive Robotics for “ageing well” and “Industry 4.0” applications, including integration of robotic systems in smart environments, navigation and localization techniques, and advanced natural human robot interfaces.
* Wireless sensor networks for Smart Environments and Ambient Assisted Living applications, including development of environmental and wearable sensors with low-power design, Ambient Intelligent algorithms, networking strategies, and localization.
* Wearable sensor network for musculoskeletal modeling of human body and their application to biomechanics, gesture analysis and human motion measurement.
* Acceptability and usability of Ambient Assisted Living and Robotic technologies for human centered and co-creative design approach.
* Roadmapping activities for definition of Strategic Research Agenda for EU Commission in the field of Ambient Assisted Living and ICT technologies.
Dr. Filippo Cavallo
MSc Electronics Engineering
The BioRobotics Institute
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
Viale Rinaldo Piaggio, 34
56025 Pontedera, Pisa - ITALY
Phone: +39 050 883474
Assistive Robotics Lab
Via Boccioni, 1
56037 Peccioli, Pisa - ITALY
Phone: +39 0587 672152
Mobile : +39 348 0015942
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.sssup.it
CF : CVLFPP75H08G786B
Sessions auxquelles Filippo Cavallo participe
- Combining IoT and Intelligent Robotics, challenges and opportunities International Conference Centre of Geneva (CICG) - Room 15
- 4:15 PM - 6:00 PM | 1 heure 45 minutes
- The IoT and Robotics communities have produced highly complementary approaches that have so far been driven by different objectives, one focused on...