● Collaboration between regional and national/international members. Meeting with regional crew members as often as possible to identify and share learning opportunities and to develop plans.
● Improve teaching skills and the academic performance of students through innovative experiences tied to space exploration.
● Demonstrate leadership skills within the crew, school, district, and region
● Enrich STEM and space‐themed instruction through hands‐on, real-world challenges.
● Create and present a meaningful and relevant “Breaking Boundaries” plan to implement space‐themed STEM learning and where appropriate, outlined by NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards- United States
● Partner with local institutions and professionals to provide meaningful STEM opportunities for students.
● If possible collect pre- and post‐assessment data to document student growth
● Provide thank you notes to donors. Without these we cannot support further growth.
● Provide information on and encourage fellow educators to attend SEEC.
● 1 year commitment as an Expedition Crew member including SEEC 2023.
Crew Member Benefits
● Small stipend for attending SEEC (in-person attendance only).
● Conference registration for SEEC (*If you have already received a SEEC scholarship you can still apply for the crew.).
● Receive one of a kind professional development at SEEC and online venues
● Access to NASA resources and support on effective implementation
● Space Educator Expedition Crew gear and accessories