Dr. Kempe Ames
Participates in 6 items
I am a hospice and palliative care physician with an interest in lifestyle medicine and a passionate belief that people can make the right health choices for themselves if they are aware of their choices. My commitment in medicine has been to care for all patients in need of care, leading me to work exclusively for not for profit institutions. My interests also include care of the community living elderly and disabled, as well as trauma-informed care. My continued medical education is directed towards continuous improvement in my understanding of the causes of illness and health in our society, in service of evidence-based medicine and greater health for my patients. I also have certificates or degrees in German Language and Culture, History, Micro-and Molecular Biology as well as a Masters in Public Policy. My board certifications are in Family Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine, and Hospice Medical Director Board Certified. I am currently working towards board certification in Lifestyle Medicine.
Sessions in which Dr. Kempe Ames participates
- Is It Science, or Is It Junk? DoubleTree City Center - Parkside II
- 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM | 45 minutes
- The Future of Health Care DoubleTree City Center - Parkside II
- 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM | 45 minutes
- Genetic therapies. Health care deserts. Pharmaceutical profiteering. Drug-resistant bacteria. Nursing shortages. What does the future hold for heal...
- Alien in Your Own Culture DoubleTree City Center - Parkside I
- 12:00 PM - 12:45 PM | 45 minutes
- People use many terms to describe those who do not reside in the main portion of the bell curve: manic, depressive, ADD, ADHD, autistic. Yet such d...
- How Population Alters the Future DoubleTree City Center - Parkside I
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM | 45 minutes
- What Happens When We Reject Science? DoubleTree City Center - Parkside I
- 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM | 45 minutes