Mr Hugh S. Gregory
Participe à 6 sessions
Mr. Hugh S. Gregory, Spaceflight Historian A survivor of a recent battle with cancer, Hugh is an avid Spaceflight Historian based in Vancouver, Canada. His career includes Engineers' Surveyor, Industrial Paramedic/EMT and managing his own OHS Program consulting service. His research portfolio includes the conceptual theory work on the E.L.D.S.R.R. space reactor, Project M.O.S.S. (Musk Observatory Supernova Search), Project M.A.S.T. (Mars Analogue Simulation Trainer) for the Mars Society and co-authoring a paper published in Cartographia on mapping on Mars. From 2005 to 2008 he was the Mars Society Engineering Team's Chief Training Documents Editor, Chief Cartographer and Waypoint Database Curator for both the MDRS and FMARS research stations. From 2006 to 2015 he was the Official Spokes person for the Orbital Commerce Project, the world's first non-government funded flight school for training sub-orbital pilots and payload specialists. He's produced and sold videos on "Voyager 2 at Neptune", "The Gas Planets", "SSTO-The DC-X", "Soviet Space Disasters" and "The Flight Of Buran-The Russian Shuttle Story". Hugh’s slide/video shows have been appearing at Conventions across North America and also overseas for over 30 years, including 11 world cons and 8 Dragon Cons. On weekends he's a private pilot, amateur astronomer, wind tunnel Bodyflyer & competition judge, an accomplished formation flying skydiver (started jumping in 1976), skydiving competition judge, and enjoys mountain hiking and skiing with his wife Anne. This is Hugh's 3rd appearance at SpoCon.
Sessions auxquelles Mr Hugh S. Gregory participe
- Future Military: More Than Guns DoubleTree City Center - Shades
- 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM | 45 minutes
- Habitable Planets Around Red Dwarf Stars DoubleTree City Center - Parkside I
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM | 45 minutes
- Cassini: 13 Years Around Saturn DoubleTree City Center - Shades
- 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM | 45 minutes
- The spacecraft Cassini has been orbiting and exploring around Saturn for 13 years now. Come share the most amazing discoveries from this extended m...