Escape Reality, Experience Possibility
Rebecca Laffar-Smith always yearned to explore the wonders of this world and beyond. After twelve years as a freelance copywriter and editor, she gave up writing about the non-fiction world in favour of fantastical creatures and the fanciful things she could create and immortalise in fiction. Now she writes in the moments she can steal away from homeschooling her Autistic son, raising her creative daughter, and volunteering as an events coordinator and mentor for her local writing community. She dreams of someday running a writer's retreat on the outskirts of Perth and writing her stories in a detached, hexagonal room with dozen's of bookshelves and plenty of natural light.
Sessions in which Rebecca Laffar-Smith participates
Sessions in which Rebecca Laffar-Smith attends
- How to be the Doctor’s Companion- Practical skills to take into space. Pan Pacific Perth - West Grand River
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | 1 hour
- What does it take to be the Doctor's companion? How would a person go about training for the role? What are essential skills in a companion? What s...
- How stars work, what happens over a star's lifetime, and why Pan Pacific Perth - East Grand River
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM | 1 hour
- All you need to know about astrophysics without the equations.Andrew Williams presents: There's an awful lot of science fiction featuri...