Amanda is an award-winning versatile writer who enjoys working across different genres and creative formats, be it novels, screenplays or short stories, and loves creating both original work and tie-in work for other IPs.
Born in the seaside/country town of Geraldton (Western Australia), she moved to Perth (Western Australia) to study Film & Television/Creative Writing at Murdoch University, earning her a BA in Communication Studies. Perth has been her home ever since, aside from a nineteen-month stint in London (England) where she dabbled in Film & TV 'Extra' work.
Original Novels and Short Stories:
Amanda is a two-time Tin Duck Award winner, an Aurealis and Ditmar finalist, and author of several novels. Her works include the best-selling military SF/space opera Aurora series (previously published by Momentum Books/Pan Macmillan Australia), alien contact drama The Time Of The Stripes, and sci-fi crime thriller Salvation series, consisting of The Subjugate and The Sensation (published by Angry Robot Books, UK).
The Subjugate is being developed for TV by Anonymous Content (True Detective, Mr Robot, The Alienist) and Aquarius Films (Lion, Berlin Syndrome, Dirt Music). Screenwriter Becca Johnstone is attached, and the project recently received development funding from Screen Australia.
The Subjugate is also currently being studied at two German universities (Düsseldorf and Cologne) as part of a program on Australian speculative fiction, in conjunction with the Centre for Australian Studies.
Tie-in Novels and Short Stories:
Amanda wrote the Scribe Award winning procedural thriller, Pandemic: Patient Zero, which was the first novel set in the award-winning Pandemic tabletop board game universe and released worldwide through Aconyte Books (UK).
Her latest novel, Sound of Light, set in the Marvel X-Men universe and featuring the mutant Dazzler, was released worldwide through Aconyte Books (UK) and has been embraced by Dazzler fans around the globe.
Her X-Men short story, Eye of the Storm, part of the Marvel: School of X anthology was released worldwide through Aconyte Books (UK).
Her short story Reconsecration set in the Warhammer 40K universe was released in the anthology Inferno! Presents: The Emperor's Finest through Black Library (UK).
Sessions in which Amanda Bridgeman participates
- Finding the Difference: Australian SF vs the Rest of the World Admiralty Gulf
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM | 1 hour
- Australia has a strong and vibrant speculative fiction industry and community - but how does it differ from the SF produced in the USA, the UK, or ...
- Streaming the novel: Adapting literature to the small screen Admiralty Gulf
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM | 1 hour
- With the expansion of television drama onto streaming video providers, it has become easier to adapt literary texts in a bespoke manner for smaller...
- Who Wants to Live Forever: Implications of Immortality Admiralty Gulf
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM | 1 hour
- Immortality is a common element in science fiction and fantasy, but what would it actually be like? What would you need to do and think abou...