Sessions in which Dianne Watson attends
- Opening Ceremony Duxton Hotel - Duxton 1
- 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM | 30 minutes
- Are you ready??? Meet this year’s team, meet the guests, and get the lowdown on all things Swancon 2020.Welcome to Country ceremony will be...
- What's new in boardgames for those who look in every now and then? Duxton Hotel - Duxton 1
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM | 1 hour
- Are you confused by your boardgaming mates' latest babblings? Come to get the lowdown on what's trending in the boardgaming community. And what we ...
- Knittin' for Kittens, Crochet for Cats: We Crochet and Knit Blankets for the Cat Haven. Duxton Hotel - Duxton 2
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM | 1 hour
- Learn how to knit or crochet in the workshop. Then collect materials for a small blanket to make during the con. Completed blankets will go to Cat ...
- Fountain Pens - Show and Tell with SteveG and Leece Duxton Hotel - Duxton 2
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM | 1 hour
- Is the pen mightier than the sword? We think these ones are :-)Steve Gunnell and Leece demonstrate their collection of fountain pens...
- Learning games that cost less than $30 Duxton Hotel - Duxton 4
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM | 1 hour
- On a tight budget? Short on space? Learn some classics of modern boardgaming that don't cost the earth, or consume a huge amount of space on the bo...
- LAUNCH: The Traitor's Reliquary - Chris Moss Duxton Hotel - Duxton 3
- 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM | 30 minutes
- Awaiting execution, Kestel is saved by a group of disgraced soldiers and swept up into a plot of gods, monsters and angels. Now Kestel must learn t...
- LAUNCH: Dark Harvest Duxton Hotel - Duxton 3
- 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM | 30 minutes
- A collection from Cat Sparks.Dark Harvest gathers together Cat’s best short fiction of recent years, as selected by the author herself: fourteen...
- Damian's Fabulous Video Quiz! Duxton Hotel - Duxton 2
- 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM | 1 hour
- This award winning event is back for its 14th year with clips from various film, TV and music. Can you guess the clue from the clip? Damian will be...
- Everything old is new again... Boardgames rebooted. Duxton Hotel - Duxton 3
- 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM | 1 hour
- Do you have fond memories of a game from your youth that you thought you'd never see again? Do your older gaming friends talk fondly about ga...
- Build a Camera Workshop
- Signup required Duxton Hotel - Duxton 2
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM | 2 hours
- You will get to build two simple, but working cameras in this workshop. Both will be very simple, but will record images on a light-...
- People of Colour and Indigenous Authors writing in Australian SF Duxton Hotel - Duxton 1
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | 1 hour
- Our panelists discuss the importance and impact of Indigenous voices, and those of People of Colour on explorations of the present and future. The ...
- Leopard-seals, penguins, and no polar-bears, oh my! It’s an iceberg out there! - a slideshow on Homeward Bound, the largest expedition of women to Antarctica Duxton Hotel - Duxton 1
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM | 1 hour
- Dr Bec Handcock will present a slide-show on her experiences as part of the largest ever expedition of women to Antarctica at the end of 2019 (ther...
- Closing ceremony Duxton Hotel - Duxton 1
- 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM | 30 minutes
- It’s three days later, your tiredness has reached the point where anything is funny, and you’re in a roomful of people you’ve shared the convention...