Deana Sussman Berezin
In addition to student pulpits at Temple Beth Torah, Temple Beth Shalom, Beth Knesset Bamidbar, and at the China Lake Naval Air and Weapons Station, Rabbi Berezin served as the Harold M. Schulweis Rabbinic Intern at Jewish World Watch, an organization that promotes education, advocacy and action around issues of genocide and mass atrocities. She also served as the rabbinic intern at Our House Grief Support Center, providing pastoral care to both children and adults.
Rabbi Berezin is passionate about community building through sacred relationships and partnerships, social justice, education, prayer, and ritual.
Rabbi Berezin is married to Jared Berezin. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with Jared and her puppy, Teddie Berezin, painting and drawing, and watching Friends reruns.
Sessions in which Deana Sussman Berezin participates
- Navigating Politics & Israel in Jewish-Christian-Muslim Dialogue Hotel Irvine - Pelican Hill
- 1:45 PM - 3:00 PM | 1 hour 15 minutes
- Talking politics can be tricky in any relationship, but when it comes to navigating the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with Muslim and Christian i...
- Problematic Texts & the Religious Other in Jewish-Christian-Muslim Dialogue Hotel Irvine - Theater
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM | 1 hour
- The Tanach, the New Testament, and the Qur’an are replete with unsettling passages that, over the course of history, have sometimes led t...