Participates in 4 items
Rabbi Andrea L. Weiss, Ph.D. is Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Provost and Associate Professor of Bible at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion. She received a B.A. in English from the University of California at Berkeley in 1987, was ordained at HUC-JIR in New York in 1993, and earned her doctorate at the University of Pennsylvania in 2004. She is co-editor of American Values, Religious Voices: 100 Days, 100 Letters (University of Cincinnati Press, 2019), associate editor of The Torah: A Women's Commentary (CCAR Press, 2008), and author of Figurative Language in Biblical Prose Narrative: Metaphor in the Book of Samuel (Brill, 2006). Her research focuses on metaphor, biblical poetry, and biblical conceptions of God.
Sessions in which Andrea Weiss participates
- Speaking Religious Truth to Political Power: A Rabbinic Guide to Values & Voices Hotel Irvine - Quail Hill
- 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- This session will explore how rabbis can utilize the “American Values Religious Voices: 100 Days. 100 Letters." campaign as a resource for teaching...
- For I YHWH Am Your Healer: Divine and Human Healing in the Bible Hotel Irvine - Pelican Hill
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM | 1 hour
- What is the role of God versus humans when it comes to illness and healing in the Bible? We will explore a range of biblical texts that answer that...
- Ten Years of The Torah: A Woman's Commentary with Andrea Weiss, Tamara Cohn Eskenazi, and Hara Person Hotel Irvine - Grand Ballroom - Salon E
- 3:30 PM - 4:15 PM | 45 minutes
- The groundbreaking volume, The Torah: A Women’s Commentary, debuted ten years ag...
- Ten Years of The Torah: A Woman's Commentary with Andrea Weiss, Tamara Cohn Eskenazi, and Hara Person (Session 2) Hotel Irvine - Grand Ballroom - Salon E
- 4:30 PM - 5:15 PM | 45 minutes
- The groundbreaking volume, The Torah: A Women’s Commentary, debuted ten years ago, originally published by URJ Press and Women of...