January Canadian Geospatial Virtual Career Seminar (Event times are in Eastern Time)
30 January 2021, 10:00 AM - 30 January 2021, 2:00 PM
Meeting ID: 823 3094 8118 Password: 949639 Phone: +1 646 558 8656
Jonathan Murphy is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: January Career Event
Time: Jan 30, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 823 3094 8118
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,82330948118#,,,,*949639# US (New York)
+16699009128,,82330948118#,,,,*949639# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 823 3094 8118
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdPp1cIYAa
Event times are in Eastern Time.
Finding a job in geospatial technology can be difficult. Covid-19 is not making that any easier. That’s why GoGeomatics Canada is bringing back our popular Career Seminar to give job seekers the tools and techniques that will put them ahead in their job search.
This online "Zoom" half-day career seminar is designed to give new and seasoned geomatics professionals the tools they need to succeed in the job market. The seminar is particularly focused on those seeking work in GIS, cartography, remote sensing, programming, and other related geospatial fields.
Jonathan Murphy, Managing Director of GoGeomatics Canada and geospatial career coach, will be sharing his valued tips and insight for your job search. He is an expert geomatics professional with close to 20 years of experience. Jon’s career has ranged from the oil fields of Alberta to projects with the United Nations in Switzerland. Topics covered include:
- Geospatial Job Market Trends during pandemic
- Specialty cover letters for GIS & remote sensing
- Professional associations – should you join one?
- Specialized GIS & Geospatial job hunting strategies
- How to analyse a geopsatial job posting
- Salaries & remuneration
- How to handle recruiters
- Your LinkedIn profile
- Career strategies
- The interview
- The fundamentals of successful online networking
- "It was relevant to all job seekers from people right out of school to people who are in career transitions."
- "[I am] very pleased with the [review of my] resume and cover letter. I am excited to start handing these out, even thought there is not much happening I am glad to now have documents that will stand out and get more attention. Thank you so much for the excellent service..."
- "The event was insightful with the right needed information and positivity in this period."
- - Chris
About January Canadian Geospatial Virtual Career Seminar (Event times are in Eastern Time)
Event Ends: 30 January 2021, 2:00 PM