May Canadian Geospatial Virtual Career Seminar (Event times are in Eastern Time)
29 May 2021, 10:00 AM - 29 May 2021, 2:00 PM
Meeting ID: 873 1005 8442 Password: 987987 Phone: +1 778 907 2071
Jonathan Murphy is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: May Canadian Geospatial Virtual Career Seminar
Time: May 29, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 873 1005 8442
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,87310058442#,,,,*987987# US (Tacoma)
+13017158592,,87310058442#,,,,*987987# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 204 272 7920 Canada
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
Meeting ID: 873 1005 8442
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcqc5xkMuw
Event times are in Eastern Time.
**No refunds, however we will consider pushing your ticket to a future event. This will be dealt on a case by case basis**
Finding a job in geospatial technology can be difficult. Covid-19 is not making that any easier. That’s why GoGeomatics Canada is bringing back our popular Career Seminar to give job seekers the tools and techniques that will put them ahead in their job search.
This online "Zoom" half-day career seminar is designed to give new and seasoned geomatics professionals the tools they need to succeed in the job market. The seminar is particularly focused on those seeking work in GIS, cartography, remote sensing, programming, and other related geospatial fields.
Jonathan Murphy, Managing Director of GoGeomatics Canada and geospatial career coach, will be sharing his valued tips and insight for your job search. He is an expert geomatics professional with close to 20 years of experience. Jon’s career has ranged from the oil fields of Alberta to projects with the United Nations in Switzerland. Topics covered include:
- Geospatial Job Market Trends during pandemic
- Specialty cover letters for GIS & remote sensing
- Professional associations – should you join one?
- Specialized GIS & Geospatial job hunting strategies
- How to analyse a geopsatial job posting
- Salaries & remuneration
- How to handle recruiters
- Your LinkedIn profile
- Career strategies
- The interview
- The fundamentals of successful online networking
Testimonials from the Career Seminar in January 2021:
- "A large number of COGS students across our geospatial programs attended the GoGeomatics “Geospatial Job Hunting Seminar” in late January: they got so much out of this. Jon’s geospatial-specific insight, background, and suggestions were thoroughly appreciated; questions were thoughtfully answered. Many students implemented ideas and suggestions from this job-hunt seminar into their resumes and/or LinkedIn pages. This is definitely a worthwhile session; I highly recommend it."
- – Dave MacLean (@DaveAtCOGS), GIS Faculty at COGS
- "It was really well organized and prepared. No technological hiccups, and the speaker was excellent"
- "The speaker was very experienced and committed"
- 100% of attendees would recommend this event to a colleague or friend!
About May Canadian Geospatial Virtual Career Seminar (Event times are in Eastern Time)
Event Ends: 29 May 2021, 2:00 PM