Paolo Balboni (PhD) is a Professor of Privacy, Cybersecurity, and IT Contract Law at the European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity (ECPC) within the Maastricht University Faculty of Law.
He is also the Chairman of the European Patent Office (EPO) Data Protection Board and a Member of the EUMETSAT Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
Qualified lawyer specialized in ICT, Privacy & Cybersecurity admitted to the Milan Bar and registered to the Amsterdam Bar. He is a Founding Partner of ICT Legal Consulting (ICTLC), an international law firm, and ICT Cyber Consulting (ICTCC), a company specialized in information/data security. Prof. Dr. Balboni is a Recommended Lawyer ranked by The Legal 500 EMEA 2021 in the areas of Data Privacy and Data Protection and Industry Focus: TMT.
Prof. Dr. Balboni has acted as the legal counsel for the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) on several projects. He co-chairs the Privacy Level Agreement (PLA) Working Group of Cloud Security Alliance and he is a Member of the Europrivacy Board of Experts.
Sessions in which Paolo Balboni participates
- Can We Make Marketing and Advertisement Privacy by Design? Ca' Dolfin - Aula Magna
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM | 1 hour
- The panel will present to the audience the marketing and advertising EU legal framework and recent decisions of EU S...
- Socio-economic Impact of Data Protection Compliance Ca' Dolfin - Aula Magna
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM | 1 hour
- The rise of private authorities, albeit in the a-territoriality space such as the Web, is represen...