Nicola Fabiano is an Italian Lawyer entitled to represent clients before the Italian High Courts, Civil Law Specialist, Independent Researcher. He is also a frequent speaker at international conferences to present the findings of some of his research related to the most innovative and technological solutions and their impact on natural persons and, hence, on data protection and privacy.
Nicola Fabiano is the former President of the San Marino Data Protection Authority (2019-2021).
Nicola Fabiano was the national expert for the Republic of San Marino at the following:
- Consultative Committee of the Council of Europe of the Convention for the Protection of Individuals about Automatic Processing of Personal Data (Convention No. 108);
- Ad hoc Committee on Artificial Intelligence (CAHAI) of the Council of Europe.
Nicola Fabiano has been:
- The Government of the Republic of San Marino’s advisor for drafting legislation on personal data protection from November 2017 to April 2018.
- recognized “Academic Member of the Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER), belonging to the Law & Computer Unit”.
Nicola Fabiano is the creator of the Data Protection and Privacy Relationships Model (DAPPREMO) based on high-mathematics and set theory.
Nicola Fabiano is a member of:
- IEEE SA
- the awarded “IEEE SA P7007 Ontological Standard for Ethically Driven Robotics and Automation Systems Working Group” and Chair of the “Data Privacy and Protection” subgroup;
- the Working Group of the FIIF (Italian Foundation for Forensic Innovation) of the CNF (Consiglio Nazionale Forense) and member of the “European Transparency Register” Working Group of the CNF Italian Delegation at the CCBE;
- the scientific committee and lecturer of the “Advanced training course on the protection of personal data for Data protection officer (DPO)” under the patronage of the Italian Data Protection Authority (Garante), organised by the Centro per l’Informatica e l’Innovazione Forense (CINFOR) - Center for Informatics and Forensic Innovation;
- the scientific committee and lecturer of the “Advanced training course on the protection of personal data - Data protection officer (DPO)”, under the patronage of the Italian Data Protection Authority (Garante), organized by the Italian Bar Council (CNF) in partnership with the National Council of Engineers (CNI);
Nicola Fabiano is the President of the Centre for Informatics and Forensic Innovation – CINFOR (Italy).
Nicola Fabiano is certified:
- Security Manager (ICT) - UNI 11506:2017
- Data Protection Officer - UNI 11697:2017
- Privacy Assessor - UNI 11697:2017
- Information Security Management Systems Professionals - ISO 27021:2017
Author of articles, essays, books, and papers.
Winner of several awards.