In a career spanning more than 30 years, Afonso Ferreira has held European leadership roles in institutional policy and research. As an expert in the areas of Cybersecurity, Futures, and Policy Making, he recently spent six years seconded to the European Commission working as a policy and programme officer. He holds a PhD in Computer Science, is Directeur de Recherche with the French CNRS, and is currently the Programme Manager for European Affairs in Digital Matters at the CNRS, France.
Afonso has a deep understanding of the European landscape in cybersecurity, research, and innovation, thanks to 14 years working in Brussels and in European-related functions. His vision and his talks are greatly appreciated for their clarity, having been invited around the world to explain European policy to audiences in Brussels, Madeira Island, Rome, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo, Tenerife, and Toulouse, among others.
Thanks to his large knowledge of the Digital Revolution and its widespread impacts, Afonso is advising private and public actors, which include the European Parliament and the European Commission, how to navigate the nexus of technology, futures, and policy. In addition to his Institutional experience, he worked in the areas of Communication Networks, High Performance Computing, and Algorithms, having published more than 100 papers in the forefront of scientific research. He has been member of more than 70 Technical Committees for international organisations and events and is an editorial board member for international scientific journals. For detailed information, see www.linkedin.com/in/cyberfuture.
Sessions in which Afonso Ferreira participates
- International Cooperation for Research on Privacy and Data Protection University Ca' Foscari - Sala Archivio
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- New Cybersecurity Standards and Certification University Ca' Foscari - Aula Mario Baratto
- 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM | 1 hour
- Consolidating the European Community of Cybersecurity Knowledge University Ca' Foscari - Sala Archivio
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | 1 hour
- Following the completion of the funding for the CyberSec4Europe project, one of the post-project ini...
- Metaverse and Privacy Compliance: Challenges and Opportunities Santa Margherita - Auditorium
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM | 1 hour