New England Federation of Humane Societies’ Leadership Summit 2023
22 September 2023, 8:30 AM - 22 September 2023, 3:30 PM
Norwood, Massachusetts, United States of America
We are very excited to host our Leadership Summit for New England Animal Welfare Professionals.
When: Friday, September 22, 2023 from 8:00am – 3:30pm
What: Attendees will participate in three of nine topics through a facilitated, breakout room style conversation. Topics include:
- Keeping Families Together: Safety net programming & working with social service agencies
- Addressing the veterinary shortage
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in animal welfare
- Balancing transports with local needs
- Staff recruitment and retention
- Behavioral euthanasia
- Decrease in adoptions and removing barriers
- Changing landscape of philanthropy
- Increasing return to owner rates and removing barriers to reclaiming lost pets
The sessions will focus on the sharing of ideas and solutions for the most pressing challenges in animal welfare. Come prepared with things your organization has tried and questions you have for colleagues. These conversations will be led by the attendees—our moderators will be there to ensure everyone can share and to help keep the conversations going. The key points of each breakout session will be captured and shared with all attendees.
Agenda: The agenda can be found here.
Attendance will be open to:
- 65 attendees who work within animal welfare in the New England states
- Leaders who hold positions within the top two levels of their organization
- Limited to no more than two people per organization
The goal of the Leadership Summit is to create an opportunity for leaders to come together, meet each other, talk about what is happening in our communities, discuss ways we are currently addressing community needs, share ideas, and, hopefully, lay the groundwork for future collaborations.
If your organization is outside New England, you can still register for the Wait List for this event. We will reach out if we can accommodate you starting 8/22/23 - those on the waitlist will be contacted in the order they signed up.
For those who wish to attend but have a financial barrier to registration, please reach out to Caitie Tomlinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss your situation.
Four Points by Sheraton Norwood
Address: 1125 Boston-Providence Turnpike, Norwood, MA 02062