The Holocaust and Humanity Center
Participates in 2 items
Sarah joined the staff of HHC in 2004. In 2007, Sarah became the executive director and has worked to formulate lasting partnerships with organizations and educational facilities locally, nationally and internationally. Sarah is a graduate of the Teaching the Holocaust and Antisemitism course at the esteemed Yad Vashem International School for Holocaust Studies and is also a Lerner Fellow after participating in an advanced course sponsored by the Jewish Foundation for the Righteous at Columbia University. She has lead and traveled on educational journeys to Poland and Israel with students and adults. In 2011-2017, Sarah took on the additional role as director of the Jewish Community Relations Council at the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati. In this capacity, Sarah built bridges between the Jewish and non-Jewish communities as well as advocates on behalf of the Jewish community and Israel. She is the 2007 recipient of the Public Allies “Changemaker” award, the 2011 Weston Avodah award presented by the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, a 2012 YWCA Rising Star, and the 2013 recipient of the FBI’s Director’s Leadership Award. Sarah serves on the Ohio Holocaust Council and as Treasurer for the Association of Holocaust Organizations. Sarah brings a personal connection to this work as the granddaughter of Holocaust survivors.
Sessions in which Sarah Weiss participates
- "Space, Time, Memory, and the Future": A Visit to the Holocaust and Humanity Center Cincinnati, OH - Offsite
- 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM | 2 hours
- Gallery visit with Sarah Weiss, Director of The Holocaust & Humanity Center. Sarah Weiss will lead a discussion about what it means to creat...
- Path to Preschool Promise: Leveraging the Stories of Our Community Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza - Salon FG
- 11:15 AM - 12:30 PM | 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cincinnati is taking steps to alleviate poverty by guaranteeing two years of quality preschool education for every student. The African American an...