Dr. Vivian Yin, MD, MPH, FRCSC
Dr. Vivian T. Yin is a clinical associate professor at the University of British Columbia specialized in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery. She worked at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York and returned to Vancouver in Nov 2019. She focuses on the treatment of periocular and orbital cancer, with the use of genetic-based targeted therapy as her research interest, and speaks internationally on these topics. After completing her medical degree and ophthalmology residency at the University of Toronto, she pursued a prestigious 2-year fellowship training in Ophthalmic Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
Dr. Yin also practices in global health with a Master in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. She generously donates her spare time to work towards eliminating preventable blindness. She has traveled to Bangladesh, the Philippines, Nepal, Tunisia and India to teach and provide surgical care for those in need. She is the past chair of the Canadian Association for Public Health and Global Ophthalmology and past board chair for Seva Canada. She's currently the COS representative to the International Council of Ophthalmology.
Financial disclosure: Dr. Yin has/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a commercial organization:
- Sling Therapeutics - Co-PI
Sessions in which Dr. Vivian Yin, MD, MPH, FRCSC participates
- COS Lifetime Achievement Award 2020
- Moderator Yvonne Buys | Speaker Dr. Vivian Yin, MD, MPH, FRCSC | Speaker Simon P. Holland BSc, MD |
- 6:00 PM - 6:10 PM | 10 minutes Part of: Celebrating Excellence in Ophthalmology: COS Awards Ceremony 2021
- Talk | Exposé
- Panel 2 - The future of oculoplastics
- Panelist Dr. Vivian Yin, MD, MPH, FRCSC | Panelist Dr. Ahsen Hussain | Panelist Dr. Evan Kalin-Hajdu MD (Université de Montréal) | Panelist Ezekiel Weis |
- 6:01 PM - 6:24 PM | 23 minutes Part of: Oculoplastics 2021: Gearing up for the next Decade Part 2
- Question 1: What area of oculoplastic surgery is most in need of innovation? Question 2: What has been the mos...
- Panel | Table ronde
- STC: Taking the First Step in Becoming a Global Health Practitioner
- 3:15 PM - 4:45 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Want to get involved in global health but don’t know where to start? Join an interactive discussion on how to build an impactful global health p...
- STC | CTC