Dr. Mona Harissi-Dagher
Dr. Dagher is professor of ophthalmology at the Université de Montréal, and head of the department of ophthalmology at Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CHUM). Dr. Dagher is chair of the annual meeting of the Canadian Ophthalmologic Society (COS) and has served as Board member of COS since 2012.
Dr. Dagher enjoys teaching medical students, ophthalmology residents and clinical and research cornea fellows as well as training MSc and PhD students as well.
Dr. Dagher completed her undergraduate degree at McGill University where she received the Hilda Diana Oakley scholarship for ranking top female student at McGill. She then completed her medical degree and specialization in ophthalmology at Université de Montréal, graduating on the dean’s honor list. Dr. Dagher then pursued post-doctoral fellowship training in cornea, external eye diseases, and refractive surgery at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Dagher has brought her expertise on keratoprosthesis surgery to Canada after conducting considerable research and clinical work at Harvard Medical School under the mentorship of Dr Claes Dohlman. After restoring sight to several Canadian patients through implantation of the Boston Keratoprosthesis, Dr. Dagher was chosen ‘Personality of the Week’ by La Presse and Radio-Canada.
Dr. Dagher has completed extensive research in the field of ophthalmology and more particularly, on the Boston Keratoprosthesis and on refractive surgery. Dr. Dagher has published numerous articles and acts as a reviewer for many ophthalmology journals. She has also authored numerous book chapters about cornea and external eye diseases. Dr. Dagher has been a guest lecturer at ophthalmology conferences internationally.
Financial disclosure: Dr. Harissi-Dagher has/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a commercial organization:
1. Sun Pharma
Sessions in which Dr. Mona Harissi-Dagher participates
- Celebrating Excellence in Ophthalmology: COS Awards Ceremony 2021
- 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM | 1 hour
- Access the Live Meeting: https://www.yourconference.live/COSJoin us to celebrate ex...
- Welcome and Introductions
- Moderator Dr. Mona Harissi-Dagher |
- 5:30 PM - 5:33 PM | 3 minutes Part of: Celebrating Excellence in Ophthalmology: COS Awards Ceremony 2021
- Talk | Exposé
- COS Awards of Excellence 2020 & 2021
- Moderator Dr. Cindy M. L. Hutnik, MD, PhD | Moderator Dr. Mona Harissi-Dagher |
- 5:33 PM - 6:00 PM | 27 minutes Part of: Celebrating Excellence in Ophthalmology: COS Awards Ceremony 2021
- Talk | Exposé