Dr. Kamiar Mireskandari
Dr Mireskandari is a Professor at the Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences at the University of Toronto. He is the John and Melinda Thompson Chair in Vision Research and a staff Ophthalmologist at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). He did his residency training and PhD at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, UK. He is double fellowship trained in Cornea and External diseases (Moorfields) and Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (SickKids).
He is a clinician researcher who focuses on Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus and in particular ways to assess and improve patient care and outcomes. He is the Chair of the Ophthalmology Research Committee and co-director of a fully comprehensive paediatric cornea fellowship program at SickKids. He is an Associate Editor of the JAAPOS journal and the Major Review Committee for the AAO – BCSC Book 6 in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. His clinical & surgical practice includes corneal transplantation, External diseases, cataract, glaucoma, retinopathy of prematurity and Strabismus.
Sessions in which Dr. Kamiar Mireskandari participates
- Zoom with the Experts in Paediatric Ophthalmology - A transcontinental perspective
- 3:15 PM - 4:45 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this session, participants are able to:Identify when surgical options ot...
- Ask the experts
- Panelist Justin Mora MD (Keynote Speaker) | Panelist Yi Ning Strube | Keynote speaker S. Grace Prakalapakorn MD, MPH (Keynote Speaker) | Moderator Dr. Kamiar Mireskandari | Moderator Stephanie Dotchin MD | Panelist Asim Ali | Panelist Ramesh Kekunnaya MD, FRCS (Keynote Speaker) |
- 4:04 PM - 4:43 PM | 39 minutes Part of: Zoom with the Experts in Paediatric Ophthalmology - A transcontinental perspective