Yi Ning Strube
Dr. Yi Ning J. Strube is Director of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. She is an Associate Professor with Tenure in the Departments of Ophthalmology and Pediatrics. She completed ophthalmology residency at Queen’s University, followed by a fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus with Dr. Kenneth W. Wright and the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. She is both a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Strube is the current Chair of Continuing Education Committee for the Canadian Orthoptic Council.
Dr. Strube’s interests include basic science ophthalmological research, innovative strabismus surgical techniques, teaching and medical writing. She is actively involved in teaching medical students and training residents in ophthalmology, as well as residents in pediatrics and family medicine. In 2020 she was awarded the Professional Association of Residents of Ontario (PARO) Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award for Queen’s University. She is the medical editor and author of the 3rd edition Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus textbook, Oxford University Press, the 4th edition Color Atlas of Strabismus Surgery: Strategies and Techniques, Springer, and the recently published Pediatric Ophthalmology for Primary Care, 4th edition published by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Strube’s clinical focus includes complex pediatric and adult strabismus. She in actively involved in strabismus surgical training and simulation curriculum design, including the American Academy of Ophthalmology Strabismus Skills Transfer course since 2012. Dr. Strube has helped design a novel 3-D printed silicone eye model for strabismus surgery simulation and accompanying strabismus surgery curriculum for teaching residents and fellows, including methods to teach strabismus surgery virtually worldwide.
Dr. Strube is married to her husband Shyam of 14 years, and has three boys, Amari (12), Oliver (10) and Max (8), who keep her busy and active outside of work!
Oxford University Press
American Academy of Pediatrics
Sessions in which Yi Ning Strube participates
- Pandemic Diversions - Ponderings of a paediatric ophthalmologist
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this session, participants will be able to:Identify the different types ...
- Moderator Michael O'Connor, MD, MSc, FRCSC MD, MSc, FRCSC | Moderator Yi Ning Strube |
- 1:00 PM - 1:01 PM | 1 minute Part of: Pandemic Diversions - Ponderings of a paediatric ophthalmologist
- Zoom with the Experts in Paediatric Ophthalmology - A transcontinental perspective
- 3:15 PM - 4:45 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this session, participants are able to:Identify when surgical options ot...
- Ask the experts
- Panelist Justin Mora MD (Keynote Speaker) | Panelist Yi Ning Strube | Keynote speaker S. Grace Prakalapakorn MD, MPH (Keynote Speaker) | Moderator Dr. Kamiar Mireskandari | Moderator Stephanie Dotchin MD | Panelist Asim Ali | Panelist Ramesh Kekunnaya MD, FRCS (Keynote Speaker) |
- 4:04 PM - 4:43 PM | 39 minutes Part of: Zoom with the Experts in Paediatric Ophthalmology - A transcontinental perspective