Yi Ning Strube
Dr. Yi Ning J. Strube is Director of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. She is an Associate Professor with Tenure in the Departments of Ophthalmology and Pediatrics. She completed ophthalmology residency at Queen’s University, followed by a fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus with Dr. Kenneth W. Wright and the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. She is both a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Strube is the current Chair of Continuing Education Committee for the Canadian Orthoptic Council.
Dr. Strube’s interests include basic science ophthalmological research, innovative strabismus surgical techniques, teaching and medical writing. She is actively involved in teaching medical students and training residents in ophthalmology, as well as residents in pediatrics and family medicine. In 2020 she was awarded the Professional Association of Residents of Ontario (PARO) Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award for Queen’s University. She is the medical editor and author of the 3rd edition Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus textbook, Oxford University Press, the 4th edition Color Atlas of Strabismus Surgery: Strategies and Techniques, Springer, and the recently published Pediatric Ophthalmology for Primary Care, 4th edition published by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Strube’s clinical focus includes complex pediatric and adult strabismus. She in actively involved in strabismus surgical training and simulation curriculum design, including the American Academy of Ophthalmology Strabismus Skills Transfer course since 2012. Dr. Strube has helped design a novel 3-D printed silicone eye model for strabismus surgery simulation and accompanying strabismus surgery curriculum for teaching residents and fellows, including methods to teach strabismus surgery virtually worldwide.
Dr. Strube is married to her husband Shyam of 14 years, and has three boys, Amari (11), Oliver (9) and Max (7), who keep her busy and active outside of work!
Sessions auxquelles Yi Ning Strube participe
- Distractions pandémiques – Réflexions d’un ophtalmologiste pédiatrique
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM | 1 heure 30 minutes
- Modérateur.rice Michael O'Connor, MD, MSc, FRCSC | Modérateur.rice Yi Ning Strube |
- 1:00 PM - 1:01 PM | 1 minute Partie de: Distractions pandémiques – Réflexions d’un ophtalmologiste pédiatrique
- Ask the experts
- Panéliste Justin Mora (Keynote Speaker) | Panéliste Yi Ning Strube | Invité.e d'honneur S. Grace Prakalapakorn (Keynote Speaker) | Modérateur.rice Kamiar Mireskandari | Modérateur.rice Stephanie Dotchin | Panéliste Asim Ali, BASc, MD | Panéliste Ramesh Kekunnaya (Keynote Speaker) |
- 4:04 PM - 4:43 PM | 39 minutes Partie de: Séance Zoom avec des experts en ophtalmologie pédiatrique – Une perspective transcontinentale