Jason Andrew Bond
I have been pursuing excellence in the craft of writing for almost 40 years. Early on, I envisioned sales as the ultimate fulfillment of my efforts. Yet, while it’s nice to have done well, nothing compares to the amazing experiences I’ve had and the wonderful people I’ve met as a result of writing. From suiting up in Kendōgu in Kyoto, Japan to staring into the eyes of a wolf eel fifty feet underwater in Puget Sound, I’ve experienced so many things I never would have if I hadn’t followed this path.
When not writing, I can be found six days a week at my local Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu studio (it would be seven if they were open on Sunday). At eighteen years old I entered an Aikido dojo for the first time and have since trained under world-class instructors such as the Head Coach of the 1980 US Taekwondo Olympic Team, Sang Lee, and two people from Bruce Lee under Sifu Michael Brewer. All told, I’ve trained in Aikido, Jeet Kune Do, Kali/Escrima, Taekwondo, Shūdōkan Karate, Kobudō, Goshin Jutsu, Judo, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. As with writing, training has become a prime source for me with excellent friendships that have transformed my life.
Having grown up in Oregon, I now live in Washington with my wife and son. I have a Bachelor's in English Literature from the University of Oregon, an MBA from the University of Colorado, and an MLIS from San Jose State. I currently manage a local library branch, which is wonderful. It's really no surprise I ended up working at a library. I moved almost every year when I was a kid, and when I'd arrive at a new school, the library was always my safe space. Also, when I was arrested at 14, my very first job was 20 hours of community service at the Beaverton, Oregon Public Library. But we can save the story for another time….
Sessions in which Jason Andrew Bond participates
- To Outline or Not to Outline--that is the Question Red Lion Hotel Pasco, WA - 3127- Writing Track
- 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM | 1 hour
- Do you find yourself able to sit at the keyboard and let the story flow from beginning to end, or do you find yourself stumped after the first scen...
- The Best (and Worst) Writing Advice I Was Ever Given Red Lion Hotel Pasco, WA - 3125- Writing Track
- 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM | 1 hour
- Can't decide if the advice you have been given is good or bad? Come listen to pros discuss some of the best (and worst) advice they have ever been ...