When and where will the COS Annual Meeting and Exhibition be held?
- Halifax Convention Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia from June 9 – 12, 2022. All program details are available on our website.
What should I consider before arriving at the COS Annual Meeting and Exhibition?
Here are some tools and items you can bring to ensure the most productive and safe experience:
- A tablet or laptop computer to download and view handouts, with the Annual Meeting website bookmarked to your home screen
- A pen and notepad
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A bag to hold any additional meeting materials
- A mask
Plan for Delays:
- Please allow an extra 15 to 20 minutes when you first arrive at the Convention Centre.
Will COS be hosting any networking and social events during the conference?
- The Welcome Reception – From Away, Together Again – will take place on Thursday, June 9 from 6:00 – 7:00 pm AT in Rogers Square at the Halifax Convention Centre (free to all registered delegates, please ensure you have you are wearing your badge in order to attend).
- The See Side Sociable, an East Coast Kitchen Party, will take place on Friday, June 10 from 6:30 – 10:00 pm AT at Pier 21, 1055 Marginal Rd. in Halifax. Please Note: Tickets for this event are now sold out.
Will there be an option to review content after the meeting?
- The 2022 COS Annual Meeting and Exhibition is an in-person event. A limited amount of on-demand content will be available to COS members after the event, as recordings. These on-demand recordings will be available to COS members through the COS Practice Resource Centre.
Will I be required to wear a mask while attending the COS Annual Meeting and Exhibition?
- COS strongly recommends masks be worn by delegates in indoor areas, particularly when in close proximity to others, except when eating or drinking.
- Wearing masks in public indoor settings is no longer required, however, Nova Scotia Public Health recommends their continued use.
- Disposable masks will be available onsite. Masks should completely cover the nose, mouth, and chin. They must fit snuggly without gaps.
How will the COS adhere to current COVID-19 safety measures as set out by the
- The top priority of the COS for the 2022 Annual Meeting and Exhibition is to create a safe environment for all who choose to participate. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, the COS will work in conjunction with the Halifax Convention Centre to ensure we follow the most up-to-date local health and safety protocols. Currently, wearing masks in public indoor settings is no longer required, however,
Nova Scotia Public Health does recommend their continued use. The COS is strongly recommending masks be worn in all indoor areas, particularly when you will be in close proximity to others. The COS will continue to monitor and adapt to the evolving situation and we will send out notification of protocols for participants prior to attending the event and links to up-to-date information will also be posted: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
Is there a Rapid Test Site at the Halifax Convention Centre?
- No, the Halifax Convention Centre is no longer offering rapid testing. Rapid test kits are available at the Halifax Central Library at 5440 Spring Garden Road.
I need a COVID test to travel home. Where can I get this?
- Please visit the Nova Scotia Health website for the most current list of available testing locations. COVID-19 tests are also available at the Halifax Airport. Click HERE to book your appointment at the airport and for the most up-to-date information.
I would like to attend the 2022 COS Annual Meeting and Exhibition. How can I register?
Those interested in attending the meeting can register online through the registration platform or onsite at the Halifax Convention Centre in the Argyle Atrium. We recommend you register in advance of the meeting. Onsite registration hours are in Atlantic Time:
|Thursday, June 9||7:00 AM – 6:30 PM|
|Friday, June 10||6 :30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Saturday, June 11||6 :30 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Sunday, June 12||6 :30 AM – 1:30 PM|
I am a Presenter/Speaker, how do I register to attend the COS Annual Meeting?
- Presenters/Speakers can register online through the registration platform or onsite at the Halifax Convention Centre in the Argyle Atrium.
I am a member of the press, where do I register?
- Media are to check-in at the registration desk to receive their conference badge.
International attendees, what info should I consider before attending the COS Annual Meeting?
- International attendees should always check current travel restrictions to Canada. Please refer to this website for the most up to date information regarding current restrictions for those entering into Canada.
How will live streams and on-demand content be viewable and accessed?
- Only the Annual General Meeting will be live streamed on Friday, June 10. Some content will be available to COS members after the event on-demand, as recordings. These on-demand recordings will be available through the COS PRC and member login.
I am a presenter; how can I be best prepared to deliver my talk at the 2022 COS Annual Meeting?
- Upload your PC or MAC presentation directly to: https://sub.encore-ca.events/cos2022/before 6:00 PM AT on Wednesday, June 8, 2022.
- The aspect ratio for PowerPoint or Keynote is 16:9
- Most session rooms are equipped with standard audiovisual equipment and will include a head table, podium, microphone, floor microphones for questions. Podiums are equipped with both PC and MAC computers. Presenters can use either PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Check your presentation onsite in the Speaker Preview Room (Room 106) at the Halifax Convention Centre Include a disclosure of conflict-of-interest slide at the beginning of your presentation (templates are available).
- Bring a back-up copy of your presentation to the meeting.
- If necessary, edit and revise your presentation the DAY BEFORE your scheduled talk and update with Speaker Preview Room. You may make changes up to 1-hour before the START OF YOUR SESSION.
- Arrive at your session room 15 minutes before the start of the session and check in with the moderator.
*If you require any special equipment or technology, please contact Cheryl Ripley at email@example.com
What credits are available at the 2022 COS Annual Meeting and Exhibition?
- Section 1 – Group Learning
- The 2022 COS Annual Meeting is an accredited group learning activity under Section 1 of the MOC Program as defined by the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) and has been approved by the Canadian Ophthalmological Society. Participants may claim up to 29.25 credit hours.
- Through an agreement between the American Medical Association (AMA) and the RCPSC, physicians may convert Royal College MOC credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Live educational activities recognized by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) are deemed by the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) eligible for ECMEC®.
- Section 2 – Self-Learning
- Poster viewing: Learning from poster presentations may be claimed as a Scanning Activity under Section 2, as defined by the RCPSC. To claim credits, you must enter the title of each poster reviewed along with one learning outcome per poster. You may claim 0.5 credits per poster with a documented learning outcome in MAINPORT.
- Section 3 –Self-Assessment Programs and Simulation
- The COS will offer four courses as Simulation Activities (Section 3) and four Self-Assessment Programs (Section 3) as defined by the MOC Program of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada and approved by the Canadian Ophthalmological Society. Participants can claim a maximum of 1.5 hours for each course (credits are automatically calculated).
Allied Health CE and credit information:
- CSORN – Certificate of participation is provided in the Canadian Society of Ophthalmic Registered Nurses (CSORN) package. The 2022 COS Annual Meeting Certificate of Attendance may also be used to claim credits.
- CSOMP – Brings their own evaluation. The CSOMP annual education day is typically approved for JCAHPO A credits. Other COS sessions can be submitted for B credits. (ratio of 2:1 for COA and COT. COMT get a 1:1 ratio). Canadian society of Ophthalmic Medical Personnel (CSOMP) awards CE credits the same day upon submission of evaluation form(s) and a report is sent to the speakers after.
- TCOS – The Canadian Orthoptic Society provides a Certificate of Attendance for the orthoptists from the Canadian Orthoptic Council. the TCOS Workshop and TCOS Scientific Session are as follows:
- TCOS Workshop: 3.5 COC core credits, 2.75 JCAHPO credits, 4 hours Maintenance of Certification Program
- TCOS Scientific Session: 5.3 COC core credits, 3.50 JCAHPO credits, 6.25 Maintenance of Certification Program.
When and where will the Exhibition hall be held? In which time zone?
- The 2022 COS Annual Meeting and Exhibition will take place at the Halifax Convention Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia from June 9 – 12, 2022.
- The exhibition hall is located in the Ballroom and the hours are:
- Friday, June 10, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Atlantic Time
- Saturday, June 11, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Atlantic Time
- Sunday, June 12, 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Atlantic Time