Michael O'Connor, MD, MSc, FRCSC MD, MSc, FRCSC
Dr. O’Connor completed his Master’s (1997) and Medical degrees (2001) at Queen’s University in Kingston. He completed residency training at the University of Ottawa in 2006, followed by a fellowship in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. In 2007, joined the Department of Ophthalmology in Ottawa, dividing his time between pediatric and adult practice.
Dr. O’Connor has a broad range of interests. He has served as the President of the Canadian Orthoptic Council (2012-2015) and President of the Canadian Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (2017-2019). From 2007 to 2016, he directed the preclerkship undergraduate ophthalmology anglophone teaching at the University of Ottawa Medical School. Among his distinctions for excellence in clinical teaching at the post-graduate teaching level, he is a three-time recipient of the PARO Teaching Award. He is currently the Department Chief of Ophthalmology at CHEO and is the Director for the Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Fellowship.Financial Disclosure: Dr. O’Connor has/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a commercial organization:
Sessions in which Michael O'Connor, MD, MSc, FRCSC MD, MSc, FRCSC participates
- Difficult cases panel discussion Halifax Convention Centre - 109
- Panelist Dr. Kamiar Mireskandari | Panelist Jocelyn Zurevinsky OC(C) | Panelist Travis Pollock | Panelist Leah Walsh | Moderator Michael O'Connor, MD, MSc, FRCSC MD, MSc, FRCSC |
- 10:50 AM - 12:15 PM | 1 hour 25 minutes Part of: TCOS Scientific Session
- Panel | Table ronde
- STC: Innovations in Minimally Invasive Strabismus Surgery Halifax Convention Centre - C4
- 3:45 PM - 5:15 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- This hands-on lab will transfer the surgical skills required for the use of newer strabi...
- STC | CTC