Skip to main page content

Trevor Taylor

Senior Director
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
Participates in 1 Session

Trevor Taylor, currently accountable for global member success and development at OGC, has over thirty years of experience in the international geospatial community.  With a background in Geography, Mr. Taylor has worked on a wide variety of applications such as Marine, Land Information, Disasters Management, Agriculture, Mapping, Forestry and Environment.

Mr. Taylor has substantial global experience in a wide variety of technical, client services, project, business and strategic planning activities. Prior to joining OGC staff, Mr. Taylor was a member representative for a commercial company to OGC, supporting OGC interests at the voting, principal, and strategic member levels, particularly in Asia, South America, India, and Europe. 

Sessions in which Trevor Taylor participates

Thursday 3 March, 2022

Time Zone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
12:15 PM
12:15 PM EST - 12:45 PM EST | 30 minutes

By some estimates, 80% of response time during a disater  is spent procuring and preparing data, leaving  20%  of the time learning from data.  We can do better.  Sponsored by USGS/FGDC, Natural Resource Canada, NASA and supported by CONIDA (Peru) and Amazon Web Services, the goal of the pilot was to develop standards-based services to support rapid decision making through the full life-cycle of disaster management for multiple hazards.