International Hydrographer Certification Scheme: Presentation hosted by The Association of Canada Lands Surveyord (ACLS)
The Association of Canada Lands Surveyord (ACLS) has developed a certification model for hydrographers which, has been officially recognized by the IHO/FIG/ICA International Board of Standards and Competence for Hydrographic Surveyors and Nautical Cartographers (IBSC) in April of 2016. The ACLS program is the second internationally recognized scheme in the world.
Certification for a hydrographic surveyor is desirable because:
- Certification provides a formally recognized and structured career path for the hydrographic surveyor.
- Establishes the hydrographic or offshore surveyor's level of expertise and competency.
- Ensures the hydrographic surveyor is aware of the changing technologies in these sectors.
- Provides the certificate holder with an enhanced profile within their industry.
- Prepares the hydrographic surveyor for the next global expansion in these sectors.