Dr Sébastien Ziegler is a founder and the Director general of Mandat International, a foundation promoting international cooperation and international research. He serves as President of the International Internet of Things Forum (IoT Forum) and IoT Lab, as Chair of the Europrivacy International Board of Experts, as Rapporteur on Emerging Technologies for the IoT and for smart cities at the ITU (SG20), and former Vice-Chair of the IEEE Communications Society Subcommittee on the IoT. Sébastien has a PhD in Management with a specialization in Information Systems at the Faculty of Economy and Management of the University of Geneva. He graduated in International Relations at the Graduate Institute of International Studies, followed by a Master in Environment, a MBA in international administration (HEC Geneva), and complementary executive courses at Harvard Business School in Boston, Stanford University, UC Berkeley and EPFL. He is a qualified expert in data protection for Europrivacy and ISO 27001 certifications. Sébastien founded several foundations, organizations and companies, and he initiated several international research projects in the area of ICT, with a focus on the Internet of Things, IPv6, sustainable development, and privacy. He is currently coordinating and associated to several ongoing European research projects. With a multi-disciplinary academic profile, combining international law, science, economics, and environment, he is a relentless promoter of research, innovation and international cooperation.
Sessions in which Sébastien Ziegler participates
- High Level Visions on Technologies, Values and Achieving SDGs (Opening Plenary Part II) Musikhuset Aarhus - Store Sal
- 9:15 AM - 10:00 AM | 45 minutes
- Acting on the core aspects of UNs Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs); to curtail inequality issues, diminish environmental degradation and pro...
- Strategic Visions on Future IoT Evolution – Towards a New IoT Paradigm for Business and Society (IoT Week 2019 Opening Plenary Part III) Musikhuset Aarhus - Store Sal
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM | 1 hour
- Industries are crossing today a crucial transition in terms of technologies and sustainability is a key driver for...
- Privacy by Design Smart Cities - Right to Privacy in Smart Cities - Joint Workshop: Internet of Things for Smart Cities & Communities (IoT4SCC) Musikhuset Aarhus - Lille Sal
- 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM | 1 hour
- ABOUT After the successful launch of the first edition of th...
- IoT Week & GIOTS 2019 Closing Ceremony - “New Partnerships for Future IoT” Musikhuset Aarhus - Store Sal
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM | 1 hour
- After two successful editions in Geneva and Bilbao, this edition of the scientific conference will present scientific papers on the most recent ...
- Networking Events