Mrs. Dianea Phillips
DIANEA CARROLL PHILLIPS - A Multiplatform Professional
A graduate of McGill University (B.ED), a PPCC Certified Professional Life Coach (Concordia University) and a certified Adventures in Wisdom Youth Coach (Austin Texas), Entrepreneur; Owner and Operator of Science Yourself! No G’s About It! Youth Space Programs. Recenty, she launched STEAMGENUITY! A program aimed at girls who do not have access to STEM or the Arts in Quebec. Dianea has accomplished certifications from the US Space & Rocket Center (Huntsville, Alabama) and is a graduate of the Zero G Corporation Teachers in Space Program having completed five experiments in a weightless environment. She is a recipient of the CTF-FCE - Canadian Teachers' Federation Hilroy Award.
Space Education is important to Dianea. It inspires her to help students and educators interconnect, cross curriculum boundaries, spark students’ curiosity and imagination but also encourages youth of all ages and genders to become increasingly involved in the sciences. Space Education impacts her life coaching, teaching, STEM and STEAM programs alike. She is an alumni of Space Center University - 2008.
For 13 years, Dianea was the lead consultant for the innovative Preschool Program and teacher collaboration program for 21st century school change. In her role as an educational consultant with Lester B. Pearson School Board’s International Studies Program, she led the charge on whole school change at Bangkok Thailand’s Thewphaingarm Canadian International School and has continued as a liaison person. Dianea is a DKG ISF Speaker and president of DKG Quebec an international organization.
Dianea created and designed the “Focal Point for Collaboration and Change” and the “Innovative Spaces Project” for elementary schools within her board. Her work impacted whole school 21st century change in five elementary schools.
In her years of teaching with the Inuit of Nunavik, she honed her creative skills and designed hands-on curriculum to increase the communication skills of unilingual Inuktitut speaking children. She credits her experiences as a teacher in the village of Aupaluk’s Tarsakallak School, for providing her with a prodigious start to her teaching career.
As an entrepreneur she continues to inspire children through her online and onsite Science Yourself! No G’s About It! – space school/robotics STEAM Ed program which inspires over 100 plus students every year. Since 2019 she has been the Canadian Lead Principal Investigator with Magnitude .io ExoLab Plants in Space Program.
Her motto: "Dream it! Design it! Build it! We imagine therefore we become!"
Sessions in which Mrs. Dianea Phillips participates
- Electromagnetic Energies Got You Down? Virtual Classroom 5
- 2:00 PM CST - 3:30 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
Sessions in which Mrs. Dianea Phillips attends
- Thursday Keynote: NASA Keynote Astronaut Kjell N. Lindgren Keynote Speaker
- 8:15 AM CST - 9:15 AM CST | 1 hour
- Fly High Towards the Future with CAP’s Free STEM Program Virtual Classroom 2
- 9:45 AM CST - 11:15 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- "We Choose to Go to the Moon!" and Leading Students There Again Virtual Classroom 2
- 12:45 PM CST - 2:15 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Celebrating Station Science with NASA Virtual Classroom 8
- 2:30 PM CST - 4:00 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Perseverance: Sticking the Landing with NASA Resources Virtual Classroom 8
- 9:15 AM CST - 10:45 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- EVA Simulation Using ROVs Virtual Classroom 6
- 11:00 AM CST - 12:30 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Tour: Space Center Houston's "Inside Peek" Tours
- 7:00 AM CST - 11:55 PM CST | 16 hours 55 minutes
- Civil Air Patrol: Four Hands-on Aerospace Education Engineering Resources Lessons that Engage Virtual Classroom 7
- 8:45 AM CST - 10:15 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- The Human Body in Space-Intro to Changes Virtual Classroom 6
- 10:30 AM CST - 11:15 AM CST | 45 minutes
- Saturday Keynote: Science Fiction, Science Future, and Science Now Keynote Speaker
- 3:15 PM CST - 4:15 PM CST | 1 hour