Mrs. Dianea Phillips
DIANEA CARROLL PHILLIPS - A Multiplatform Professional - More than 30 years of experience
2023 JSCH Cherri Brinley Award Recipient
2023 Stardust Festival, Timmins Ontario, STEM+ Legacy Award Recipient
Volunteer Education President - Montreal Aviation Museum
Maine Space Day Presenter (ongoing)
STARFLEET Presenter 2019-present
Assumption School, South Africa, Presenter 2019-present
A graduate of McGill University (B.ED), a PPCC Certified Professional Life Coach (Concordia University) and a certified Adventures in Wisdom Youth Coach (Austin Texas), Entrepreneur; Owner and Operator of Science Yourself! No G’s About It! Youth Space Programs. Recenty, she launched STEAMGENUITY! A program aimed at girls who do not have access to STEM or the Arts in Quebec. Dianea has accomplished certifications from the US Space & Rocket Center (Huntsville, Alabama) and is a graduate of the Zero G Corporation Teachers in Space Program having completed five experiments in a weightless environment. She is a recipient of the CTF-FCE - Canadian Teachers' Federation Hilroy Award.
Space Education is important to Dianea. She works locally and globally with STEM teachers and STEAM educators. In 2023, her focus has been primarily on working with Indigenous youth in northern regions of Quebec and Ontario, as well as underserved youth across the globe. She provides both virtual and in-person presentations/workshops. She aims to inspires her students and educators to interconnect, cross curriculum boundaries, spark students’ curiosity and imagination but also encourages youth of all ages and genders to become increasingly involved in the sciences. Space Education impacts her life coaching, teaching, STEM and STEAM programs alike. She is an alumni of Space Center University - 2008.
For 13 years, Dianea was the lead consultant for the innovative Preschool Program and teacher collaboration program for 21st century school change. In her role as an educational consultant with Lester B. Pearson School Board’s International Studies Program, she led the charge on whole school change at Bangkok Thailand’s Thewphaingarm Canadian International School and has continued as a liaison person. Dianea is a DKG ISF Speaker and president of DKG Quebec an international organization.
Dianea created and designed the “Focal Point for Collaboration and Change” and the “Innovative Spaces Project” for elementary schools within her board. Her work impacted whole school 21st century change in five elementary schools.
In her years of teaching with the Inuit of Nunavik, she honed her creative skills and designed hands-on curriculum to increase the communication skills of unilingual Inuktitut speaking children. She credits her experiences as a teacher in the village of Aupaluk’s Tarsakallak School, for providing her with a prodigious start to her teaching career.
As an entrepreneur she continues to inspire children through her online and onsite Science Yourself! No G’s About It! – space school/robotics STEAM Ed program which inspires over 100 plus students every year. Since 2019 she has been the Canadian Lead Principal Investigator with Magnitude .io ExoLab Plants in Space Program.
Her motto: "Dream it! Design it! Build it! We imagine therefore we become!"
Sessions in which Mrs. Dianea Phillips participates
- Electromagnetic Energies Got You Down? Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 5
- 2:00 PM CST - 3:30 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Struggle no more when teaching about the electromagnetic spectrum! Want something more than the usual gas tubes and diffraction grating? See the el...
Sessions in which Mrs. Dianea Phillips attends
- Thursday Keynote: NASA Keynote Astronaut Kjell N. Lindgren Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Keynote Speaker
- 8:15 AM CST - 9:15 AM CST | 1 hour
- Dr. Kjell N. Lindgren was selected by NASA in 2009. He spent most of his childhood abroad and returned to the U.S. to complete his education and ea...
- Fly High Towards the Future with CAP’s Free STEM Program Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 2
- 9:45 AM CST - 11:15 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Point your students towards a future in STEM careers with Civil Air Patrol’s K-12 aerospace-related products and programs. Hands-on participation a...
- "We Choose to Go to the Moon!" and Leading Students There Again Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 2
- 12:45 PM CST - 2:15 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Use Mission Control to structure learning. With Apollo Alarm System Engineer Jerry Woodfill, train to be an Honorary Flight Director. Lead student ...
- Celebrating Station Science with NASA Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 8
- 2:30 PM CST - 4:00 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Welcome to the yearlong celebration of the International Space Station! Throughout the 2020-2021 academic year, monthly themes connect 20 years of ...
- Friday Keynote: Dr. John Mather Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Keynote Speaker
- 8:00 AM CST - 9:00 AM CST | 1 hour
- How did we get here from the Big Bang? Astronomers, geologists, and biologists all look back in time to work out the picture. I will show the histo...
- Perseverance: Sticking the Landing with NASA Resources Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 8
- 9:15 AM CST - 10:45 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- In this session, participants will learn about the ongoing Mars 2020 mission and explore ways to modify ...
- EVA Simulation Using ROVs Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 6
- 11:00 AM CST - 12:30 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Astronauts train in water to prepare for space travel and buoyancy of the water is used to simulate the weightlessness of space. You can bring this...
- SEEC 2021 Banquet Opening and Award Ceremony
- 6:00 PM CST - 10:00 PM CST | 4 hours
- A highlight of SEEC is the Friday evening banquet, and this year will be no exception. The evening will kick off with a heartfelt welcome and thank...
- Civil Air Patrol: Four Hands-on Aerospace Education Engineering Resources Lessons that Engage Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 7
- 8:45 AM CST - 10:15 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- This session introduces the Civil Air Patrol Advanced Mathematics Workbook, available to all educators for FREE. It connects mathematics with aeros...
- The Human Body in Space-Intro to Changes Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 6
- 10:30 AM CST - 11:15 AM CST | 45 minutes
- Take away new ideas on how to effectively teach Astrobiology and integrate flexible regrouping practices with your grade level students with ease. ...
- Panel: ISS National Laboratory Panel
- 12:15 PM CST - 1:15 PM CST | 1 hour
- Join us for a special panel on the research being conducted on the International Space Station. The event will be led by Dr. Liz Warren, Ph.D., Sen...
- Roving Into 3D Design Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 5
- 2:15 PM CST - 3:00 PM CST | 45 minutes
- Explore ways to create 3D rover models using free online CAD software! This session will have you imagining ways to design the next rover using 3D ...
- Saturday Keynote: Science Fiction, Science Future, and Science Now Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Keynote Speaker
- 3:15 PM CST - 4:15 PM CST | 1 hour
- Persevering with innovation is a consistent theme in science fiction and in real life. Join us as author Andy Weir, astronaut Cady Colman, and I...