Mrs Melinda Viteri
Mrs. Viteri serves as a Corporate/Private Partnership Advisor for Aviatiom Youth Mentoring Program non profit and is the Co-Founder. Mrs. Viteri is a British qualified elementary and high school teacher and has twenty years experience teaching at public and private schools in the United Kingdom and USA. She currently works as Aerospace Educator teacher at Milton Jewish Day School in Washington DC. She creates her own in-person and virtual Aviation and Space Camps which are approved by the FAA.
Mrs. Viteri's incredible career has span from one continent to another , Mrs. Viteri has for the past five years worked at the British International School of Washington DC teaching Kindergarten and then as a Learning Specialist Lead and MIT Coordinator for STEM Build a Plane. She established her own aviation non profit in 2015 in the USA and loves to rebuild airplanes with middle and high school students. She is the Education Chair for the Royal Aeronautical Society and sits on several aerospace boards. On a weekend Melinda enjoys family time at the airport, flying and hosting flight simulator sessions for local students. In 2018 she qualified as a NASA certified educator and has a vision to create the innovation needed to teach aerospace curriculum properly in schools globally.
Mrs. Viteri graduated from the University of Huddersfield, England where she gained qualified teacher status and believes that that teaching is a vocation. At the age of twenty five, Mrs. Viteri pursued her Masters Degree in Deaf Education, Speech Therapy and Audiology. She worked as Advisory Specialist to the government for Deaf and Blind children in the United Kingdom and was the Chair of Deaf Children’s Society UK. Mrs. Viteri is also a piano teacher for the Associated Board of Royal School of Music and has a 100% examination pass rate for piano and theory.
Sessions in which Mrs Melinda Viteri participates
- Reality to Virtual Space Camp Online! Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 2
- 1:30 PM CST - 3:00 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Build your own Space Camp! Whether it's a day or week, you can host it in person or virtually online. Learn how to book not just one NASA speaker b...
Sessions in which Mrs Melinda Viteri attends
- Thursday Keynote: NASA Keynote Astronaut Kjell N. Lindgren Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Keynote Speaker
- 8:15 AM CST - 9:15 AM CST | 1 hour
- Dr. Kjell N. Lindgren was selected by NASA in 2009. He spent most of his childhood abroad and returned to the U.S. to complete his education and ea...
- Buoyancy and Beyond, Connecting the Neutral Buoyancy Lab (NBL) to the Classroom Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 5
- 12:45 PM CST - 2:15 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- In this workshop, participants will investigate neutral buoyancy and the operations of the Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory at NASA's Johnson Space C...
- How to Launch Your Elementary Space Night Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 4
- 2:30 PM CST - 3:15 PM CST | 45 minutes
- Interested in hosting a school or community Space Night but don’t know where to start? Need activities, community involvement, and resources? The p...
- Celebrating Station Science with NASA Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 8
- 2:30 PM CST - 4:00 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Welcome to the yearlong celebration of the International Space Station! Throughout the 2020-2021 academic year, monthly themes connect 20 years of ...
- Friday Keynote: Dr. John Mather Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Keynote Speaker
- 8:00 AM CST - 9:00 AM CST | 1 hour
- How did we get here from the Big Bang? Astronomers, geologists, and biologists all look back in time to work out the picture. I will show the histo...
- Mars Helicopter Challenge- From Concept to Digital Creation Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 6
- 9:15 AM CST - 10:00 AM CST | 45 minutes
- This session is designed for middle school educators who are looking to implement NASA design challenges into their classrooms. This session will i...
- SEEC 2021 Banquet Opening and Award Ceremony
- 6:00 PM CST - 10:00 PM CST | 4 hours
- A highlight of SEEC is the Friday evening banquet, and this year will be no exception. The evening will kick off with a heartfelt welcome and thank...
- International Space Station Science & Technology - A Treasure Trove of Educational Resources for Learning, Teaching, Getting Involved! Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 2
- 8:45 AM CST - 9:30 AM CST | 45 minutes
- A simple web search of NASA, ISS, or STEM can result in an overwhelming number of resources, creati...
- Inspiring Students through Innovation Challenges
- Signup required Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 1
- 9:30 AM CST - 10:15 AM CST | 45 minutes
- Inspiring students to be curious and engaged is one of the most challenging tasks that a teacher ca...
- Saturday Keynote: Science Fiction, Science Future, and Science Now Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Keynote Speaker
- 3:15 PM CST - 4:15 PM CST | 1 hour
- Persevering with innovation is a consistent theme in science fiction and in real life. Join us as author Andy Weir, astronaut Cady Colman, and I...