York Middle School
Sessions in which Pam Petersen attends
- Thursday Keynote: NASA Keynote Astronaut Kjell N. Lindgren Keynote Speaker
- 8:15 AM CST - 9:15 AM CST | 1 hour
- Dr. Kjell N. Lindgren was selected by NASA in 2009. He spent most of his childhood abroad and returned to the U.S. to complete his education and ea...
- Buoyancy and Beyond, Connecting the Neutral Buoyancy Lab (NBL) to the Classroom Virtual Classroom 5
- 12:45 PM CST - 2:15 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- In this workshop, participants will investigate neutral buoyancy and the operations of the Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory at NASA's Johnson Space C...
- Moon to Mars: NASA’s Next Gen STEM Activities Virtual Classroom 7
- 2:30 PM CST - 4:00 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Engage the Artemis Generation with activities in NASA’s new Moon to Mars Educator Guides. Meet a NASA Gateway engineer and learn how NASA is prepar...
- Friday Keynote: Dr. John Mather Keynote Speaker
- 8:00 AM CST - 9:00 AM CST | 1 hour
- How did we get here from the Big Bang? Astronomers, geologists, and biologists all look back in time to work out the picture. I will show the histo...
- Mars Helicopter Challenge- From Concept to Digital Creation Virtual Classroom 6
- 9:15 AM CST - 10:00 AM CST | 45 minutes
- This session is designed for middle school educators who are looking to implement NASA design challenges into their classrooms. This session will i...
- NASA Climate Science: What is Causing Sea Level Rise? Virtual Classroom 6
- 10:00 AM CST - 10:45 AM CST | 45 minutes
- In this session, participants will engage in two activities from NASA’s Office of STEM Engagement to help students understand the key causes of sea...
- Tour: Jet Propulsion Laboratory: 360 Degree Live Tour Tours
- 11:00 AM CST - 12:00 PM CST | 1 hour
- Get a behind-the-scenes tour of amazing places at JPL and get an unprecedented view from the floor ...
- Launch and Splashdown with the Artemis Mission STEM Kit Virtual Classroom 8
- 2:00 PM CST - 3:30 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- NASA’s first Artemis mission will take place this year! Are you ready for Artemis I? Meet an engineer from the Artemis Mission Management team and ...
- Tour: Space Center Houston's "Inside Peek" Tours
- 7:00 AM CST - 11:55 PM CST | 16 hours 55 minutes
- ATTENDEES MUST ENTER PASSWORD TO VIEW TOURS: SEEC2021!
- The Human Body in Space-Intro to Changes Virtual Classroom 6
- 10:30 AM CST - 11:15 AM CST | 45 minutes
- Take away new ideas on how to effectively teach Astrobiology and integrate flexible regrouping practices with your grade level students with ease. ...
- Fly Me to The Moon With LEGOS and Endurance! Why Every Educator Should Incorporate BOTH In Their Space Unit! Virtual Classroom 4
- 11:15 AM CST - 12:00 PM CST | 45 minutes
- This session will inform teachers on how LEGOS can become a great teaching tool when teaching kids about the space shuttle launches and how specifi...
- Panel: ISS National Laboratory Panel
- 12:15 PM CST - 1:15 PM CST | 1 hour
- Join us for a special panel on the research being conducted on the International Space Station. The event will be led by Dr. Liz Warren, Ph.D., Sen...
- Opportunities for the K-12 Artemis Generation: Student Challenges, Hands-on Activities, and Digital Badges Virtual Classroom 3
- 1:30 PM CST - 2:15 PM CST | 45 minutes
- This session will provide information about the various ways educators - both formal and informal, and caregivers can engage students in STEM Learn...
- Roving Into 3D Design Virtual Classroom 5
- 2:15 PM CST - 3:00 PM CST | 45 minutes
- Explore ways to create 3D rover models using free online CAD software! This session will have you imagining ways to design the next rover using 3D ...
- Saturday Keynote: Science Fiction, Science Future, and Science Now Keynote Speaker
- 3:15 PM CST - 4:15 PM CST | 1 hour
- Persevering with innovation is a consistent theme in science fiction and in real life. Join us as author Andy Weir, astronaut Cady Colman, and I...