Having taught for nearly 12 years and in two countries (the US and Korea), for students Pre-K to College, Scott is teaching a dual-enrollment Engineering program to High School students with UNLV. He also coaches the Engineering Club (MESA and Catapult Team), Robotics (VEX and First), the RPG Club, and Interact. One of his passion projects is to get more girls interested in STEM and founded the group, Girl Power in Science and Engineering, while in Tucson, AZ. He worked for Paragon Space Development on the Orion Capsule and Mars Projects with ECLSS.
He is hoping to meet new teachers to collect and share new ideas to get more students interested in STEM.
You can also check out the organization I started to promote STEM among girls.
Sessions in which Scott Weiler attends
- Thursday Keynote: NASA Keynote Astronaut Kjell N. Lindgren Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Keynote Speaker
- 8:15 AM CST - 9:15 AM CST | 1 hour
- Dr. Kjell N. Lindgren was selected by NASA in 2009. He spent most of his childhood abroad and returned to the U.S. to complete his education and ea...
- Training Astronauts Through Virtual Reality, and This is How You Can Start! Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 6
- 9:45 AM CST - 11:15 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Great and exciting things are happening in the Virtual Reality industry every day, especially at NASA. Explore how The Virtual Reality Laboratory (...
- Space Entrepreneurship for High School Students Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 7
- 1:30 PM CST - 2:15 PM CST | 45 minutes
- Can we teach our high school students to be the next Elon Musk? Space entrepreneurs exploit the opp...
- Civil Air Patrol: Four Hands-on Aerospace Education Engineering Resources Lessons that Engage Space Center Houston (Hosting of all events take place on-line-virtually) - Virtual Classroom 7
- 8:45 AM CST - 10:15 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- This session introduces the Civil Air Patrol Advanced Mathematics Workbook, available to all educators for FREE. It connects mathematics with aeros...