GIS Project Management Practices
Tickets for this workshop must be claimed in advance.
This half-day workshop cuts through the theory and fluff to present, in practical terms, the essential practices for successful GIS project planning and management. Its intent is to provide project managers, teams, and stakeholders with the key actions methods, and tools to launch and execute successful projects --delivering results on time and on budget providing valuable deliverables to the customers and user community. It is applicable to all types of GIS projects and covers the following topics:
· Business Needs and Strategic Foundation for Projects
· Choosing and prioritizing projects
· Defining scope, purpose, context
· Workplan preparation
· Estimating/assigning resources
· Project tracking, status reporting, and communications
· Procurement for GIS projects
· Project quality management
· Project closure
If you are already a seasoned project manager, this workshop will confirm practices you are already applying (or should be applying) and augment your PM toolbox with some new ideas and methods. If you are a new project manager or a staff person interested in moving into a management role, you'll find the practical content to be an extremely valuable introduction to project management practices.