Immersive Experience Manager
Science Museum of Virginia
Sessions in which Justin Bartel attends
- Thursday Keynote: NASA Keynote Astronaut Kjell N. Lindgren Keynote Speaker
- 8:15 AM CST - 9:15 AM CST | 1 hour
- Dr. Kjell N. Lindgren was selected by NASA in 2009. He spent most of his childhood abroad and returned to the U.S. to complete his education and ea...
- Exploring the Solar System with NASA Virtual Classroom 4
- 9:45 AM CST - 11:15 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Take a ride through our Solar System with fun hands-on NASA activities that your upper elementary students will love! Education Coordinators from N...
- Asteroid Explorers! NASA ROADS on Asteroids Student Challenge Virtual Classroom 8
- 12:45 PM CST - 2:15 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- The Mission: Plan and simulate a trip to asteroid Vesta including an impactor, drone landing and takeoff, and robotic navigation across potential s...
- Destination Asteroid! Virtual Classroom 5
- 2:30 PM CST - 4:00 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Join us for this hands-on activity session to gain experience and insight into the process of selecting an asteroid to investigate as part of past,...
- Friday Keynote: Dr. John Mather Keynote Speaker
- 8:00 AM CST - 9:00 AM CST | 1 hour
- How did we get here from the Big Bang? Astronomers, geologists, and biologists all look back in time to work out the picture. I will show the histo...
- NASA Missions: Primary Source Documents Bringing the Past to Life Anchored at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Virtual Classroom 5
- 9:15 AM CST - 10:00 AM CST | 45 minutes
- Every mission has history. Every mission has an archive. This is the human story behind the Gemini and Mercury missions. These missions intersected...
- Pulling Back the Curtain to Reach the Stars: From the 'Hood to Jupiter Virtual Classroom 5
- 10:00 AM CST - 10:45 AM CST | 45 minutes
- Are you looking for innovative techniques to inspire inner-city youth and young women to gain footholds in the space industry?In this highly ...
- ISS Mimic -- Physical, Articulating Model of ISS in Your Classroom to Match the Real ISS in Real-Time Virtual Classroom 1
- 11:00 AM CST - 12:30 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Imagine a physical model of ISS in your classroom – which rotates its solar panels to match the real ISS in "realtime." It lights up the truss to t...
- Launch and Splashdown with the Artemis Mission STEM Kit Virtual Classroom 8
- 2:00 PM CST - 3:30 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- NASA’s first Artemis mission will take place this year! Are you ready for Artemis I? Meet an engineer from the Artemis Mission Management team and ...
- SEEC 2021 Banquet Opening and Award Ceremony
- 6:00 PM CST - 10:00 PM CST | 4 hours
- A highlight of SEEC is the Friday evening banquet, and this year will be no exception. The evening will kick off with a heartfelt welcome and thank...
- Mysteries of the Dark: Dark Energy and Dark Matter Virtual Classroom 3
- 8:45 AM CST - 10:15 AM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- What is dark energy? What is dark matter? No one knows, but students can still get excited learning about it! Hands-on activities include building ...
- Mission To Mars: Virtual Learning Simulation Experience Virtual Classroom 8
- 10:30 AM CST - 12:00 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- How can we provide engaging experiences for our students during virtual/online learning? How can we...
- We Observe. We Discover. We Explore. Virtual Classroom 7
- 1:30 PM CST - 3:00 PM CST | 1 hour 30 minutes
- From the depths of underwater caves to the frozen tundra, join explorers Dr Jill Yager and Terri My...
- Saturday Keynote: Science Fiction, Science Future, and Science Now Keynote Speaker
- 3:15 PM CST - 4:15 PM CST | 1 hour
- Persevering with innovation is a consistent theme in science fiction and in real life. Join us as author Andy Weir, astronaut Cady Colman, and I...