Call for Abstracts
2023 COS Annual Meeting and Exhibition
Quebec City, Quebec June 15 – 18, 2023
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS PASSED
Before submitting your abstract, please review the relevant abstract guidelines:
The Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS) is accepting abstracts for the following subspecialty sessions:
- Cataract surgery*
- Cornea, external disease & refractive surgery
- Equity, diversity and inclusion
- Global and public health ophthalmology
- Ocular regenerative medicine
- Oculoplastic & reconstructive surgery
- Ophthalmic pathology*
- Paediatric ophthalmology and strabismus
- Vision rehabilitation
All abstracts must be submitted as a written abstract with information under five (5) main headings: Purpose, study design, methods, results and conclusions, regardless of presentation preference. You may select one of two preferred presentation formats at the time of submission:
- Paper: 7-minute oral presentation, unless an alternate duration is specified at the time of acceptance and invitation.
- ePoster: Electronic poster (ePoster) presentation (single Power point slide describing your research). All accepted posters must be submitted digitally in advance of the meeting.
*Note the following exceptions for some topic areas:
- Cataract: Paper presentations are 3-minutes in length; presentations should include 1 slide each for methods, results, and conclusions
- Retina: Paper presentations are 5-minutes in length.
- Ophthalmic pathology: Case presentations are preferred, poster submissions are not accepted for the Canadian Ophthalmic Pathology Society meeting. Submissions of pathology abstracts must be made by email directly to:
Dr. James Farmer. The deadline for submission in this category is more flexible, Society members and regular participants will receive a submission reminder e-mail in December. An abstract is not required, only a title needs to be provided.
We are planning the 2023 COS Annual Meeting & Exhibition in-person in Quebec City, June 15 – 18, 2023.
PLEASE REVIEW THE COMPLETE ABSTRACT GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT.
For more information, please contact: