Dr. Guillermo Rocha, MD, FRCSC, FACS
Guillermo Rocha, MD, FRCSC, FACS is originally from Mexico City, Mexico. He trained in Ophthalmology at McGill University in Montreal and has completed subspecialty training in Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, and Cornea and External Diseases. He completed the Physician CEO Executive Program at the Kellogg School of Management (2016) and the Foundations of Clinical Research Certificate Program, Harvard Medical School (2022).
He is Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences at McGill University and Chief, Division of Ophthalmology at MUHC in Montréal, Canada, President of the COS Foundation, Past President of the Canadian Ophthalmological Society (2016-2018), and past President of the Canadian Cornea, External Diseases and Refractive Surgery Society.
In 1995, he was awarded the Canadian Society for Clinical Investigation & Medical Research Council of Canada Resident Research Award for his work on the causative factors of ocular inflammation. Dr. Rocha was the recipient of the Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba iCare Award for 2014. In 2015, he was recognized as one of the 10 Most Successful Mexicans in Canada, followed by an award as one of the 10 Most Influential Hispanic Canadians in 2016. Dr. Rocha performs Anterior Segment, Refractive and Corneal Surgeries.
Financial disclosure: Dr. Rocha has/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a commercial organization:
- Bausch + Lomb
- Johnson & Johnson
- Labtician Ophthalmics
Sessions in which Dr. Guillermo Rocha, MD, FRCSC, FACS participates
- Medical Student Symposium: Building a Foundation in Clinical Ophthalmology Québec City Convention Centre - Room 307 AB | Salle 307 AB
- 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM | 3 hours
- This is the first medical student symposium at the COS annual meeting. There will be keynote presentat...
- STC: Mastering Ocular Trauma: Techniques and sutures for surgical repair. Québec City Convention Centre - Room 309 AB | Salle 309 AB
- 3:45 PM - 5:15 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- This wetlab based course will feature hands-on training for participants reviewing the principles and...
- STC | CTC
- Cataract surgery in eyes with corneal pathology: lessons from a potpourri of cases Québec City Convention Centre - Room 307 AB | Salle 307 AB
- Speaker Dr. Guillermo Rocha, MD, FRCSC, FACS | Speaker Dr. Clara C. Chan, MD, FRCSC, FACS | Speaker Dr. Marie-Eve Légaré MD | Speaker Ron Baldassare MD |
- 11:40 AM - 11:55 AM | 15 minutes Part of: Cornea III: When cataract and cornea intersect
- Talk | Exposé
Sessions in which Dr. Guillermo Rocha, MD, FRCSC, FACS attends
- Introduction Québec City Convention Centre - Room 202 | Salle 202
- Chair Dr. Marie-Josée Aubin |
- 10:45 AM - 10:50 AM | 5 minutes Part of: SAP: Delivering Eye Care in Conflict Zones & Remote Areas
- SAP | PAE
- SAP: Delivering Eye Care in Conflict Zones & Remote Areas Québec City Convention Centre - Room 202 | Salle 202
- 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- This course will focus on the challenges and opportunities involved in providing effective and efficient eye care in conflict-affec...
- SAP | PAE
- Eyes on Ukraine: a Canadian Ophthalmological Society Foundation Humanitarian Aid Initiative Québec City Convention Centre - Room 202 | Salle 202
- Presenter Michael T. Kryshtalskyj | Moderator Dr. Marie-Josée Aubin |
- 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes Part of: SAP: Delivering Eye Care in Conflict Zones & Remote Areas
- Authors: Michael T. Kryshtalskyj, Natalia Baziuk, Cindy M. L. Hutnik, George Beiko, Lesya Shuba, Eugene Hladky, Stephen E. Kosa...
- Paper Presentation | Présentation d'article
- The "Eyes on Ukraine" initiative Québec City Convention Centre - Room 202 | Salle 202
- Speaker Dr. Larissa Derzko-Dzulynsky | Speaker Michael T. Kryshtalskyj |
- 10:50 AM - 11:10 AM | 20 minutes Part of: SAP: Delivering Eye Care in Conflict Zones & Remote Areas
- Talk | Exposé